Need help with Vehicle Weapon KeyFrame Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Vehicle Weapon KeyFrame Animation

I'm working on a vehicle weapon for onslaught, and am having trouble finding clear info on keyframe animation. I'm using Maya 6 and ActorX, which works flawlessly for me doing vehicles and weapons that DO NOT have any keyframe animation. There seems to be gaps in the VTMs that came on the DVDs. Much of it is also in Max, so I'm not finding exactly what I need.
    The weapon I'm making has a simple skeleton (A root bone, which will also be both the pitch bone and the yaw bone, and a firepoint bone for attaching fire effects). This is kind of a gatling gun, where the barrels move and rotate. I've looked and I haven't been able to find tuts for this in maya (only max). I have the animation done (I believe), but somewhere, probably in the ActorX stage or the UnrealEd Import Stage, something does not seem to be working. One of the things I am unclear on is the skin weights, and how the different, moving parts of the model need to be weighted. If someone could point me to a tutorial that will help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Working...
X