Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dieing when starting my map

When I'm starting my map, I am always dieing. :cry:

I normally make one cube, inside I make some lights and a player-start-point. Is there anything wrong?

What can I do to play the map?

Is the player start in the right position? slightly above the floor? Did you click "Build all" before you played your map?

Comment

yeah, rebuild all is your problem. get used to rebuilding... you'll do it a lot.

Comment

Make shure the "KillZ" line is below the subtracted cube. (its the red line) you can change its possion in either level properties or by clicking on your zone info (me forgets)

Comment

thanx! I can play!
          PS: This is my first map in this editor...

Comment

I don't want to open a new thread for this question:

I made a big cube and some other objekts like adrenalin, health and other some cubes inside the big cube and two cubes outside, which are placed on the wall of the big cube, that you can move to them (in one is the volume water)

But when I walk along the floor of the big cube, there's a zone, where I'm falling through it! I have "built all" two times. What can I do?

Comment

But when I walk along the floor of the big cube, there's a zone, where I'm falling through it!
              Could you be a bit more specific? So the big cube is 1 zone, and the moment you set foot on it you fall trough?

Comment

I can move on about 3/4 of the floor. But 1/4 is like a hole. There is a texture, but i can shoot through the floor on this part and when I move on this part, I fall out of the cube and there's a graphic-mistake, too.

PS: I hope you can understand my english

Comment

Try re-subtracting the cube again

Comment

I tryed re-subtracting, but I am falling through this part of the floor again.
                    EDIT: Now I made another cube (with a very short distnce to the big cube) under the big one. When I go to the hole of the big cube, I fall on the other, but you don't see this ingame!

Comment

Originally posted by <|StP|>
                      I tryed re-subtracting, but I am falling through this part of the floor again.
                      EDIT: Now I made another cube (with a very short distnce to the big cube) under the big one. When I go to the hole of the big cube, I fall on the other, but you don't see this ingame!
                      I can only assume it is a BSP hole.

From reading your post I get this assumption;

You have subtracted a cube, then added a smaller cube inside of the larger subtracted cube, then gone on to subtracting two more cubes next to the larger cube?

Hmm, well the oft repeated piece of good advice is to ensure you have GridSnap on and keep the size to at least 16 when you first start, do that and you should not have a problem.

You state that you have placed a water volume inside of one of the cubes, so from that I assume you have subtracted a cube inder the larger one? Here is where a screenshot could really come in help. :up:

Duca

Comment

Sorry, how can I upload a screenshot???

Comment

Working...
                        X