Maya 6 PLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya 6 PLE

Is there a Plugin for this version of Maya?

No, unfortunetly. Been talk of a Plugin under developement, but afaik it's just talk. Use Maya PLE 5, it's not much different than 6.

Comment

Apparentally there is one now: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/MayaCompletePlugins
      NVM thats for the full Maya 6:bulb:

Comment

There is no plugin on that page for Maya PLE 6. Read it carefully: Maya PLE 5, Maya 5, and Maya 6. The last I heard they were working on the PLE 6 plugin, but the plugin for the Runtime and the Mastering Unreal book was taking precedence. Now that it is out, they should be able to finish the PLE 6 plugin, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw
          There is no plugin on that page for Maya PLE 6. Read it carefully: Maya PLE 5, Maya 5, and Maya 6. The last I heard they were working on the PLE 6 plugin, but the plugin for the Runtime and the Mastering Unreal book was taking precedence. Now that it is out, they should be able to finish the PLE 6 plugin, hopefully.
          Lol I missed the PLE part of the thread :bulb: sry

Comment

If there is a plugin for Maya 6 I don't think it would be hard to convert it to Maya 6 PLE. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Krogen
              If there is a plugin for Maya 6 I don't think it would be hard to convert it to Maya 6 PLE. :up:
              1) yes there is
              2) Unless you have the source code it would be too hard

Comment

...the plugin for the Runtime ...
                is this a solid bit of info? if so, it's VERY welcome news -- i have a project that's ideal for the Runtime but it's stymied by having no way to use PLE for the character models.

Comment

Originally posted by chipV2
                  is this a solid bit of info? if so, it's VERY welcome news -- i have a project that's ideal for the Runtime but it's stymied by having no way to use PLE for the character models.
                  If you are asking of there is a plugin for Maya PLE 5 to export to the Unreal Engine Runtime, the answer would be yes. It is included on the CD that comes with the Mastering Unreal book by Jason Busby (aka BuZZ from 3DBuzz).

Comment

If you are asking of there is a plugin for Maya PLE 5 to export to the Unreal Engine Runtime, the answer would be yes. It is included on the CD that comes with the Mastering Unreal book by Jason Busby (aka BuZZ from 3DBuzz).
                    do you know if that will be the only source? i really don't need the book, but the plugin would be very useful for Runtime modders.

Comment

That, I do not know.

Comment

It should take about 2 minutes to recompile the PLE version 5 plugin to work with version 6.

They probably already have a plugin for PLE6.

Comment

Working...
                        X