Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

MSUC Grand Finals Winners Announced!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

message to Epic

Originally posted by PetitHarrier
    RO is good??? :weird:

Did 1000 monkeys rate the entries? I mean seriously. No offense to people whom put effort into the creation of something... and RO is *OK* as randomness. But Best Mod worthy? My God, the rest of the Mod's would have to be big piles of poo to rank below it.

Something tells me there is something wrong here.
    A contest entry doesn't have to be "good" to win... it just has to be better than everything else. And, frankly, there really wasn't that much good stuff around, so it was an easy win.

Comment

I can agree on some points made there. I added 4 team support to me mod, took 5 months to do (ut2003), then had to do it in ut2004 to use objectives, then realised we hadnt enought time to create 4 sets of weapons/models/skins and 4 way maps for the MSU .
      Im not sure which takes more time however, writing from scratch, or bending the unreal games to your will. Trying to find a team to help build up a mod is probly the worst thing. There are loads of talented people, but trying to keep people motivated over 2 years as well as keeping hold of them was more effort then making the mod in the first place. But thats just the way of the beast, some of our team went pro, good for them, bad for the mod :cry:

I actually thought the level of mods was very high, you are obviously a very hard person to please.

Comment

Oops, sorry... deleted that big long thing.

Comment

hehe.. it figures the winners would be announced the week i'm on vacation.

Congratulations to all the winners!!! :up:

so many great entries submitted to this contest... the judges really had their work cut out for them!

special congrats to the whole RO team for making such a great mod and to Fiezi for his first place finish in the movie category.

Comment

Just a question: Does "makes something unreal contest" has a meaning?

Because world war 2 clones or counter strike clones arent that "unreal" nowadays, kinda basic concepts...

"unreal" mods as airbucaneers, deathball or alien swarm does fit in the title (never played a multyplayer corsair baloon fights game or an immersive first person football game ever before, but counter strike or day of defeat/battlefield 1942... erm kinda *déjà vu*)

GG to the winners... yes... maybe.
            Next time "make something real", hope "alien capture the flag ops 1942" will deserve a good place as a real concept.
            (Alien's commandos in 40's war suits capturing a flag... would be fun to be honest , but a way too common concept... nevermind)

Blußßed!

Comment

Well I would reckon the name "make something unreal" may have something to do with the small fact that you use the "unreal engine" to make it. Unless of course thats just TOO obvious .

Comment

Oh must have been my bad then....

Just ashamed to see that the stuff wich fits to the masses always wins.
                copy-paste copy-paste.
                Make it something "reliable-enough-for-a-licensed-engined-in-order-to-earn-more-and-more-$$$-pliz"

Variety and diversity pwnz, join the underground
                Nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by Grimfort
                  Well I would reckon the name "make something unreal" may have something to do with the small fact that you use the "unreal engine" to make it. Unless of course thats just TOO obvious .
                  It is for some people on here :P

Comment

Originally posted by blubby
                    Oh must have been my bad then....

Just ashamed to see that the stuff wich fits to the masses always wins.
                    copy-paste copy-paste.
                    Make it something "reliable-enough-for-a-licensed-engined-in-order-to-earn-more-and-more-$$$-pliz"

Variety and diversity pwnz, join the underground
                    Nuff said
                    Or maybe it is possible that a mod team was so innovative they were actually able to greatly expand on an existing genre?

Comment

It's not really fair to come into the announcement thread and knock Red Orchestra (or any of the top mods), is it?

Why not vote with your playing time by supporting a mod that YOU like rather than knocking one judged the winner by people who may not be looking at the same things that you are?

Comment

The RO devs have long since gotten used to the fact that there are some very vocal people who dislike RO in the UT2k3/4 community. We have gotten used to it and moved on. Back story on RO: We wanted a realism game that nobody had made, so we made it.

And some information you might not know. Tripwire Interactive (RO devs) has infact hired several people out of the UT2k4 modding community. Overall I feel the competition was a huge success. We saw many great mods, from Air Bucs, to UnWheel, to Frag Ops to Alien Swarm. Many talented people got their break into the gaming world thanks to the MSU (not just Tripwire). If there was one problem with the MSU, that was it. Talented modders getting picked up. Great for them, not so great for the mod team. But I for one can't wait to see the inovations from the UT2k7 modders.

I myself am allready involved with a team far into the planning stages of a UT2k7 mod. Good luck to all the others out there!

Comment

wow! congratulations to all winners! hurraaay!

Comment

Originally posted by channerhewitt View Post
                            wow! congratulations to all winners! hurraaay!
                            I think you have this confused with the new MSUC :P This thread is for the one from UT2004.

Comment

Working...
                            X