X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PetitHarrier
    RO is good??? :weird:
    To some. Not my cup of tea, but no need to rain on everyone else's parade.

Comment

I'm incredibly disappointed with the decisions made by Epic. Some of your placements don't belong where they are.

Comment

Originally posted by lumpy_milk
        I'm incredibly disappointed with the decisions made by Epic. Some of your placements don't belong where they are.
        Uh huh. Thanks for registering just to say that. It was really worthwhile.

Congrats to the RO and Journey creators.

Classless whiners upset their mod/entry didn't win - get a life.

Originally posted by PetitHarrier
        Yep. First place good.

Comment

Hey, you either spend months on something, spending a lot of sleepless nights perfecting it, then get smacked down, or stfu. Competitions with this much at stake are going to get a bit emotional.

Get a life... pfff. Try contributing something to the community instead of wasting bandwidth. :noob:

Comment

Well done all, its been a long process many months of peoples time, effort, tears and code.

I would love to say its been worth it for everyone, but loads of mods/people have given up, there has been a lot of competition and not as many players to take up the add-ons as there are actual add-ons! Other then that cant knock the competition.

I myself have learnt loads (got a PC!), met loads of people and had great experience (in replacement for lack of sleep ) its been fantastic fun.

Thanks epic

Comment

Congrads to all the winners as there was some great stuff here!!!

Comment

Congrats to all the winners. It was amazing to see the talent showcase itself.
                I must say my favorite part of the whole contest was seeing all the great maps come out.

Peace!

Comment

I just want to add its been fun meeting and talking with people from the many mod teams such as Prefablab, and that mapper thief Grimfort :P. Probly wouldn't have met all these great guys if it wasn't for the competition. Oh yea, and the guys at Kinetic Studios (Troopers) who gave me a chance in the first place.

Comment

Well done Red O

Comment

hmmm.... Apparently the contest name was even too confusing for a big website:
                      Originally posted by FileFront
                      Game developing teams were given the chance to win $1,000,000, with a runner up prize of $50,000 and a licensed version of the current Unreal engine, with an estimated worth of $350,000.

Comment

I'm still confused.

Did 1000 monkeys rate the entries? I mean seriously. No offense to people whom put effort into the creation of something... and RO is *OK* as randomness. But Best Mod worthy? My God, the rest of the Mod's would have to be big piles of poo to rank below it.

Something tells me there is something wrong here.

It's the Ohio of UT.

Comment

Just a question, but have you actually played RO? I mean, played it as a game? Instead of saying 'omfg wheres teh crosshair this game sux', did you actually notice how good it was as a game, when you consider that it started as the basic UT2003 code and worked its way up to where it is?

Consider that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zell65
                            Just a question, but have you actually played RO? I mean, played it as a game? Instead of saying 'omfg wheres teh crosshair this game sux', did you actually notice how good it was as a game, when you consider that it started as the basic UT2003 code and worked its way up to where it is?

Consider that.
                            ditto

Comment

To win the contest, a mod doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be the best. TacOps and Counter-Strike were the same way before they were published as commercial games.

Comment

Major props to RO, they took it all.

And congradulations to the rest of the winners!

Comment

Working...
                                X