BSP problem/error in Ued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSP problem/error in Ued

I have a series of brushes, that were created as cylinders and then had there vertices relocated (only from above

When I build/build all I get parts of faces missing on bsp brushes (adding/removing light has no effect)

anybody encountered this problem before?
    what are the limitations on the use of BSP in ut2003?

pengwinzz, I would guess that EVERYONE learning UT has had this problem, but especially those who don't know the basic rules: always use the snap option, always leave the grid on, and unless moving tricky smeshes, try to leave it set at 16 or above. And the one that appiles to you, you can never know exactly the result ov vertex editing. Do a Google search for tutorials on ut2003 vertex editing.

Comment

Oh. Avoid to make cilindrical BSP cause as you can see (picture) none of the vertices snaps to the grid (even when the grid size is set to 1). Instead of that use 2D shape editor to make your cilinders. The base will not be perfect circle but thats the point. All your BSP vertices must fall on the grid, well you could go away with 1 or 2 cilindrical BSP-s but sooner or later the result will be BSP holes.

Comment

hmmmm, all of the vertices are already snapped to the grid (set to 16)

Comment

the places where sections of bsp face are missing aren't at vertex intersections, some are just in the middle of a face like the one in the pic

Comment

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/BSP_Hole

Comment

Originally posted by Nathillien
              Oh. Avoid to make cilindrical BSP cause as you can see (picture) none of the vertices snaps to the grid (even when the grid size is set to 1). Instead of that use 2D shape editor to make your cilinders. The base will not be perfect circle but thats the point. All your BSP vertices must fall on the grid, well you could go away with 1 or 2 cilindrical BSP-s but sooner or later the result will be BSP holes.
              Not true, bsp doesn't HAVE to be aligned to the grid to work, but in general you want to keep it that way. I never snap my cylinder vertices to the grid, but you'll never find me making an unaligned cube.

Comment

Working...
              X