I have a ""cannot save" error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a ""cannot save" error

My name is Joe Broome and I am a teacher at Akins High School in Austin TX. I would like to teach my Animation classes to use the level editor for Unreal Tournament 2004 but when I have tested it in my classroom with multiple users on XP I keep getting the error message that it cannot save the package. Each student has their own network login with server space to save their work and that is the first thing I tried to do. I had them save their beginning level and when I look at the properties of the document that the level editor created in their folders it cannot be changed from being a read only file. Is there some way for you to help me use your awesome tool with my students?

The program works perfectly on my own personal computers

The only thing that comes to mind is that the Path to where it's being saved has Spaces in its' name. UEd doesn't like Spaces at all, so check for that situation. Also, if you are trying to save across the Network, that might be the problem as well(though I don't know for sure).

Comment

I agree with the spaces theory. I am assuming you are talking about the use of a singular PC with multiple logins? If that is the case it would be better for seperate folders to be created within the UT2004/Maps directory. I use multiple accounted PC's at home and in all cases I have no problem creating and saving files as long as they are in the root directory. I have 3 nests of folders within my UT2004/Maps directory without any problems. Thinking about it, it best be thinned out

Comment

Working...
      X