Terrain disappears version 3339

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain disappears version 3339

I've been working on a map and I recently uprgraded to the newest version. Whenever I build the map the terrain disappears - not just in the editor, but in the game!!!

This is unacceptable. Why does it happen / How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Temepst0402

click the rebuild button. if that doesnt work, then i would like downgrade to an earlyer patch.

Comment

This seems to only affect maps created with an earlier version of the game / editor. I've simply created a new map and loaded the G16 heigtmap into a new terraininfo object.

Rebuilds don't change a thing in the new map. I guess there is just a version incompatibility somewhere.

Comment

Did it break any of your zones? If the new version accidentally leaked two zones together and one of the ZoneInfos didn't have bTerrainZone, that would do it as well.

Comment

also, if that doesnt help what AM said, does the map have any textures? or also again, make sure none of it is invisible, well that can be fixed by the visible tool.

Comment

Did you probably place a new bsp brush at the same spot your terrain info is? That could probably let it disappear. this happened in one of my maps once as far as I remember.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong. I've got one zoneinfo. bTerrainzone is 1. I'm a bit frustrated.

Comment

It's always a good idea to save multiple copies of your map under different names or numbered incrementally as you go along in case something gets really screwed up. (I also add a word or two at the end of the file name [pathing, basestructures, weapons, etc] so I can see at a glance what the major change was for any particular build.)

The last time I made terrain disappear I accidentally subtracted instead of adding. My wild guess is that whatever you did immediately before the terrain started disappearing could be the problem.

See if ToolsMenu->CheckMapForErrors tells you anything. And, look at the map in wire-frame view to see if the terrain is there but just not visible.

What size is your terrain under Terrain Tool->terrain tab?

And you didn't actually say if you have already applied any textures to your terrain......and do they match the size of the terrain?

Comment

Originally posted by S-Dot
                  Did you probably place a new bsp brush at the same spot your terrain info is? That could probably let it disappear. this happened in one of my maps once as far as I remember.
                  Whoa! I had this same problem, and I think I did indeed have a BSP brush surrounding the terrain info actor. Hmm... this may rescue my map!

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge_o_Matic
                    Whoa! I had this same problem, and I think I did indeed have a BSP brush surrounding the terrain info actor. Hmm... this may rescue my map!
                    My terrain never shows up in the first place

Comment

Working...
                    X