Adding a Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a Pool

How do I add a pool into the level im making.

1. Indoor: Subtract a space into the floor.
    Outdoor: Use the Terrain painting tools to make a depression in your terrain.

2. Create a watervolume that can fill the entire space. The volume can be larger than the pool, just make sure that it only fills what you want it to fill.

3. Open up the actor browser and search for Actor -> Info -> FluidSurfaceInfo. Place one and align it so that it can cover the top of your watervolume. Change the size with the scaling tools on the bottom right and change the texture by going into the fluidsurfaceinfo's properties and, under Display, mess around with the Skins variable.

Comment

Is there a way to make it round.. Not a square? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakuurn
        Change the size with the scaling tools on the bottom right
        tThats the **** way of doing it. That just makes the polys bigger, you wana resize it by adding more polys, making them bigger makes it look like ***. Right click it and open up the properties>fluidssurfaceinfo section, and mess around with the x and y size settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Krogen
          Is there a way to make it round.. Not a square? Just wondering.
          You can't make the actual fluidsurfaceinfo round, but you can do what BR-Canyon did and give the thing a skin that textures the inner round area while leaving the rest completely transparent.

AmbientByte - It's all a matter of preference. I personally like to use a combination of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakuurn
            You can't make the actual fluidsurfaceinfo round, but you can do what BR-Canyon did and give the thing a skin that textures the inner round area while leaving the rest completely transparent.

AmbientByte - It's all a matter of preference. I personally like to use a combination of both.
            Thanks. I'll check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by BDC|AmbientByte
              tThats the **** way of doing it.
              That's kind of an unpleasent way of saying it. But I'm guessing it's just an unfortunate choice of words.

Comment

Originally posted by V3rt1go
                That's kind of an unpleasent way of saying it. But I'm guessing it's just an unfortunate choice of words.

Translation: That's the **** way of saying it.

now AmbientByte can understand you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsuji_Gettan
                  Translation: That's the **** way of saying it.

now AmbientByte can understand you.

Comment

Working...
                  X