Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Using [Delete] on my keyboard crashes my Ued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using [Delete] on my keyboard crashes my Ued

Hi all

when I try to delete objects in Ued with the delete key on my keyboard Ued crashes. everytime!
    is there any known fix, updates that cud make this not happen
    I can use delete on the context menu.
    But sometimes its difficult using that technique

what os are you running

Comment

Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

What does the logfile say?

Comment

says nothing that I can relate to my problem
          except one thing...
          Log: OS doesn't support IME.
          what is IME?

Comment

Originally posted by pissjavel
            says nothing that I can relate to my problem
            except one thing...
            Log: OS doesn't support IME.
            what is IME?
            Well the IME i know of is a microsoft system that allows your operating system to understand and display east asian text. (Chinese, japanese and korean alphabet).

I dont think this would cause your editor to crash. And my log file sais the same and my editor does'nt crash.

Maybe try to probe a little deeper in the log file. That's all the advice i can give, i have no idea why your editor would be crashing like this. SORRY.

Comment

Actually, I remember a friend of mine having troubles with the delete key and neither of us could figure out why. I stay away from it, personally.

Comment

ok, i'll stay away from it too
                thanks

Comment

hmm, ive been using the delete key for the past 3 years in both unrealed 2 and 3. not a single problem.

open the log, move it to a clear space so you can watch it while you press the delete key, and see what it says as soon as you press it.

Comment

could you post what the error message sas? when it comes up, hit copy text and hit ctrl+v in your reply box.

Comment

The delete key also works fine for me no crashing troubles here!

Get all my maps and mutators here at my site if you have not allready! Newest map=VCTF-KINGHILL

http://www.58arenas.com/UT2004Downloads.htm

All older stuff here:

http://www.58arenas.com/

Thanks Circus BT :up:

*Il see if I can find out why you crash maybe!

Comment

Originally posted by WoW Punisher
                        could you post what the error message sas? when it comes up, hit copy text and hit ctrl+v in your reply box.
                        Here's the error message as requested.

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1261 MHz with 255MB RAM
                        Video: ASUS RADEON A9600XT (6404)

Cast of UnrealEdEngine Package.UnrealEdEngine0 to GameEngine failed

History: ULevel::Exec <- UPlayer::Exec <- UViewport::Exec <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- UInput::ExecInputCommands <- UInput::Process <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- WM_KEYDOWN <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Comment

hmm... odd... never got that message before. I usually get error messages because i lost all my memory, a failed assertion, missing files or my most hated, the GPF. maybe you gotta reinstall UT.

Comment

Have you tried deleting stuff from a different map.
                            maybe it's just one certain map that's messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsuji_Gettan
                              Have you tried deleting stuff from a different map.
                              maybe it's just one certain map that's messed up.
                              It doesnt matter what map. When I copied the error message I opened a new project and build a cube and deleted it and the error message was displayed. When click on Ok Uedit exits immediately.

I guess I'll have to live with it

Comment

Working...
                              X