texture browser in ut2003/4kUed, like UT/ nice and tight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

texture browser in ut2003/4kUed, like UT/ nice and tight

i want to take am image of all my texture maps in ued.
    with UT that was fine, i just did a screen grab with PSP, and stiched the images together.
    But with UT2003k UEd you get the textures properties written so that the huge description means the actual textures are not side by side, as the descriptions prohibit the tex lying flat to each other

How do you get the text to look the same as UT Ued, on my 21" i could get 15 256x256 textures along the width of my browser, 30 at half that rez even.

why do i want to do this, i want to get an online catalogue of everything i have made for my game, im planing a re launch, i would of done if i could track down a new web designer, ( 3 months of limbo- nice work pixelfader ) i have a heap of stuff to attract a new team with for the new site, but if it doesn't get the required staff i want to put an online catalogue of all the work done, in this case i want to stick up evidence of 3000 texture maps, and all the other vast amount of work done on this title, that way you cant be leveled as a bull****er as its all there to see.

anyone got the handle of displaying those dds texture maps from inside the editor, with out the descriptions spoiling back to back layout.
    By the way i tried UTX viewer and it does not show dds textures.

Re: display tex in ut2003/4kUed, like UT/ nice and tight

Originally posted by 1Dean Avanti
    By the way i tried UTX viewer and it does not show dds textures.
    What? You mean the texture browser in Ued? What do you mean it won't show DDS textures?

Comment

utx viewer is a stand alone prog, nothing to do with ued, its used for browsing utx files outside of ued. it was an option i tried to see if i could have the textures sit flush

and yes i mean the texture browser in Ued, i want to switch off those black boxes with the white type face giving info on the tex.
      it stops the tex from being side by side fitting flush to each other.
      the browser is all type and staggers the textures, i want them to sit flush like in the old texture browser in UT Ued and even U1 ued before that.

Comment

This one works (viewer extractor), and I think you can also extract with wotgreal, I believe you'll have to extract the textures and create contact sheets with an image editing program to get rid of text descriptions for textures.

http://www.acordero.org/projects/utpt/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by dangerdoggie
          This one works (viewer extractor), and I think you can also extract with wotgreal, I believe you'll have to extract the textures and create contact sheets with an image editing program to get rid of text descriptions for textures.

http://www.acordero.org/projects/utpt/index.htm

downloaded this viewer extractor.
          i open a utx filer and to the left it displays the name of all the tex in that utx file, i want it to open all those textures like here
          http://www.acordero.org/images/utpt2b5_alltextures.png

but i dont know how, i can click on a tex name on the left hand colum and make it show that single tex, but i want to see the whole utx file of textures, not just one at a time. how is this done, there must be a way otherwise it wouldnt be on the screenshot, any ideas

Comment

Since you made them I'm assuming you still have the sources, you're going to have to stitch them together in an image program.

Comment

if the prog above displayed them then a screen grab will do it, but i cannot get it to dispay a whole package of textures just individual single ones.

yes i have the original sources, but they are spread over lots of disks and in lots of different files, we are talking 3000 textures.
              i dont want to root them all out and sort them when ued has them all sorted in the right files already.

Epic should have an option to display the textures in the browser without the text description staggering the textures. I like my tex back to back at less than 256x256, plus i can screen grab and catalogue them out of the editor

Comment

on a sub note, what is the right forum to post job recruitment on the forums

Comment

Originally posted by 1Dean Avanti
                  Epic should have an option to display the textures in the browser without the text description staggering the textures. I like my tex back to back at less than 256x256, plus i can screen grab and catalogue them out of the editor
                  Should, but doesn't. You're sol man, unless you program your own viewer.

Comment

i sent the program creator a mail and got this back-

--------------------------------------
                    In the last version of UTPT (2.0 beta 5) there is an option to view all the textures of a package. It is a small button showing colored sheets under the game selection combobox on the left side of the window. After displaying the textures you can auto hide the left side clicking the pin button, so you have more textures shown at the same time.
                    Antonio Cordero Balcázar
                    ----------------------------------------

it works a treat and i recomend the program.

Comment

Working...
                    X