Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle's, what am I doing wrong?

Hi all.

OK, I am new so bear with me. I have sort of figured my way through with the help of some of you lot, and some excellent tutorials I found on this forum, but Ino matter what I do I can't get veicles to work. I have set the level type, I have used the approprate vehicle factory etc, placed power cores etc but no matter what, vehicels odnt work! I can get turret's to work, get static meshes in, all that good stuff, but vehicles elude me.

Can anyone give me a step-by-step listi of wht I need to do, or supply me with a link toa good tut? I would be very very gratefull. I can offer modelling knowledge or models themselves to anyone who can get me through this. Modelling is how I pay the bills.

Best.

Larky.

You can try my ONS tutorial in my sig.

Comment

Hi.

Thanks for the reply,I'm working through the Onslaught tutorial now, but I don't have the Map tab after pressing Escape. I have set the default game type to Onsalught, anything obvious I may have done?

Larky

Comment

has the ons- prefix in the name? also make sure offical maps only isn't checked...and recently saved maps can appear at the bottom of the list

Comment

Hi.

Many thanks, I now have vehicles and it's much fun! I also have the opposing team staritng in random places, and I managed to have two of the same gun in both hands but other than that it's all going well. Now I'm going to start thinking about build a part of the city I live in.

Be nice to run around the street blowing people up!

Many many thanks for your help.

Larky.

Comment

pics?

Comment

Hi.

No pics to post, before I started an actual level I just wanted to learn all the technical stuff, so my levels consist of huge cubes right now!

Terrain is the next thing to figure out but my first level will be built in Maya and brought in as a static meshes.

Pics will go up as soon as I have something to show.

Best.

Larky.

Comment

Suggestion: take half an hour and read up on zone portals and (esp for an ONS map) anti-portals, which you'll need in order to squeeze the highest frame-rate possible from your map. It's probably a good idea to plan the layout of the map around these "optimization tools," rather than worry about it later, when the terrain is settled, and it may not be possible to utilize APs very effectively.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do my research over the weekend.

Angel, the tutorial on ONS mapping was perfect for my needs, many thanks.

Larky.

Comment

Working...
                  X