Mouse vs Trackball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse vs Trackball

Does anyone here use a trackball and find it better than a mouse ?

Not just for UED, but for 3D design in general ?

Just wonder if it has any real advantages over a mouse

I've never liked trackballs. I prefer my MX700 wireless mouse.

Comment

Does anyone here use a trackball and find it better than a mouse ?

Not just for UED, but for 3D design in general ?

Just wonder if it has any real advantages over a mouse
      I have a trackball, and use it for editing etc, but I don't see as it has and real advantages in this field. I actually have it to play the game, because I feel there is a big advantage - just my opinion.

I think it's a case of "what you like" really.

Comment

I use trackballs for years now, mouses suck
        Yeah there are great advantages to trackballs over mouses IMO.
        - more accurate, using your thump to navigate allows more controll on the pointer, however it does require getting used to.
        - less stress on the joints, moving the thumb is much less stressfull then your wrists and stuff, everyone i know that had early stages of RSI switched to a trackball and had the symptoms go away (i am not medically schooled so always consult a doctor )
        - less demanding on work space, you dont need a area free for your mouse to move. I work on a couch, having my trackball on the pillows besides me and the keyboard on my lap.

And for gaming... well the all powerfull speed, try moving cross the screen 10 times within half a second with a mouse, and then with a trackball....

Trackballs rule, take a moment to learn to use them and you wont want to use anything else ever again.

Comment

Trackballs=alien tech.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMatrix
            Trackballs=alien tech.
            And just like Microwaves its the best thing to hit the world of man

Comment

I also use trackball for years now and it is a big advantage for the reasons Kaoh mentioned. I prefer trackballs that are controlled by index finger not thumb though - more precise imo.

For gaming though there is no alternative to a mouse. I played with trackball for a long time also and you can get very good with it but still the mouse is superior me thinks.

Comment

Working...
              X