Walls that aren't really there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walls that aren't really there

Ok, I have 2 spots in my map where there are invisible walls, they can't be shot through, and in some spots intersect other brushes, causing them to have holes and such in them. They also block all lighting. I checked, and there is nothing there, no blocking volumes and whatnot. What do I do?

Looks like you have a BSP error. Check to see that all of your brushes are on the grid and have dimensions that are powers of two. If that doesn't work, click on the Build properties button (Looks like a bunch of dials and switches and stuff, it's between Build All and Play Map) and fiddle with the BSP optimization sliders.

Comment

Ok, is the cause of the bsp error somewhere near the invisible wall? MY map is huge, and I don't want to have to check every single brush to see if it's on the grid.

Comment

Originally posted by simslice101
        Ok, is the cause of the bsp error somewhere near the invisible wall? MY map is huge, and I don't want to have to check every single brush to see if it's on the grid.
        Not always. BSP works in tricky ways, so it would be best to check every brush.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakuurn
          BSP optimization sliders.
          what is that?, is it a tool?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear hazard
            what is that?, is it a tool?
            Yeah, it's in the Build Options dialog box (AKA Build options control panel ). It's the thingies that let your choose a setting between minimizing cuts and balancing the BSP tree, or the who portals cutting through stuff thing.

Comment

Working...
            X