Trouble modeling something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    then i would do what your doing now, but just don't use the boolean option, otherwise the polycout will be huge. I'd do some extruding, select all the vertex's and apply a noice modifier so it looks random. Make a couple of holes, and fill them with the same kind of pattern that you showed in the first pic. Noise modifier is your friend for creating destruction

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the buildings are far away in the background...no one will be anywhere near them...otherwise I would put more detail into it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is this what you mean. did a google search for destroyed buildings.

The start looks good, but I would decide where the building is damaged and remove some of the faces, extrude them back a bit and start making it seem like there's rooms inside.

Windows would be broken like the pic above, maybe the building would be a bit slanted or sinking into the ground.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Trouble modeling something...

Trouble modeling something...

I'm trying to create a ruined building...and usually what I do is take a basic shape such as a rectangle...make that as my building...then create a random shape with the line tool...extrude it...duplicate it twice or so...then use it as a boolean to hollow parts out...it works great for the most part...here's a building I did:
    http://www.pointless.binaryoverlord.com/building.jpg

but now I want to create a more complicated building...in this building I took a cylinder...deleted the other half...extruded the flat side of it...and made it all from extruding and so on...but when I do my usual boolean thing I can't hollow anything out...it just like punches a hole in it but doesn't create any more polygons...here's a pic:
    http://www.pointless.binaryoverlord.com/building2.jpg

what am I doing wrong? is there another way of doing it?

oh I'm using max 5
Working...
X