Karma objects and performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karma objects and performance

Okie..before you say anything, I did search for karma and performance, and found no threads addressing this situation since the last patch.

Now...my question is, how much do karma objects [barrels, specifically] affect multiplayer performance, assuming no vehicular interaction with said objects? I'm making a room w/a bunch of fuel barrels in my map, and was thinking it'd be fun to make them karma barrels for the defenders to have fun with, but if it impacts performance a lot, I'll only make a few. If anyone has accurate info or experience with this, please post. =]

Thanks!~

Well first, Karma by default does not work online (some one was working on net friendly Karma, I don't know the details), so almost no one uses it (thus the reason it's performance is not discussed)

Anyhow there is a limit, plus if someone has low physics detail most of it just does not work..., I've seen example maps where the limits seem to be about 20 objects being affected by Karma, before FPS starts to tank

Comment

That's odd...I remember playing a map online where there were a few Karma barrels strewn around, and they worked fine. Is there any way for the map to force it to be enabled? I have a nifty idea for an assault map [after I finish this one] that would require it, so.. ^^; I noticed that the physics detail level seems to be irrelevant in the current version for simple KActors. Thanks for the tip though, I'll try to keep the amount somewhat low, then. A shame that it doesn't work well online, they're very fun to play with, heh.

Comment

Working...
      X