Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi all.

Nice to see I'm not alone, and yes UnrealEd is so much nicer than Hammer!

I wanted to make a deathmatch style game, but with vehicles as well. My ultimate goal is to amkea co-op game where all the players fight the AI, humans against computer opponents. The reason for this is because I want to make a mod based around the feature I'm working on now. It would make an awesome game, and may suit the Half Life 2 engine better, but I can see no reason not to use the Unreal Engine.

So which map types can you use vehicles in? Oh, and can anyone offer any help on scale's for grid sizes in Maya? My static meshes are either tiny, or massive!

Best.

Larky.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Welcome!:up:

The vehicles are intended only for certain formats. What type of map are you making?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I started with UnrealEd yesterday as well making my own map already but saying it's a mess it would make it good

hopefully I'll get a better hand of it hope you will too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hiya Larky, I come from a similar background...UT's BSP system is so much nicer than HL's, isn't it? =D
    As to adding vehicles, one method I've seen is to add a floor sentinel [ASVehicleFactory_SentinelFloor], then just change the VehicleClass to whatever you want spawned there. Putting a regular svehiclefactory actor seems to be a bit limited on options, it seems. x_x Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just started maybe in august and i got the hang of unrealed really easily; hope you will too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Welcome Larky!

I just started off last month and I'm working on my first map right now. So you're not alone, hehe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    welcome

hope you enjoy your stay

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ello Larky & welcome to the Unreal forums

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Hi all.

Hi all.

Hey everyone.

I have just started to learn Unreal Ed, coming from Hammer and so far I'm loving every second of it. Everything seems to make sense, apart from adding useable vehicles to my maps (any help with that would be appreciated).

If anybody needs any static mesh help give me a shout, that is my area of knowledge.

Thought I'd say hi.

Best.

Larky.
Working...
X