Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mappers...do you make your own Static Meshes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mappers...do you make your own Static Meshes?

So do you make your own static meshes mappers?

I don't, never could get into modelling

When i cant find a mesh that looks like what i'm looking for of course i'll make my own. I'd rather spend time making my own mesh then settling something that might end up not looking right.

Besides, there's a great satisfaction in knowing that your map is 100% yours.

Comment

I'm a newbie to modeling so as long as it's not an overly complex model I'll make it myself...textures however...I can't do

Comment

That's half the fun!

Comment

I've never tried static mesh modeling...is it hard?

Comment

Originally posted by UT2K3Freak
            I've never tried static mesh modeling...is it hard?
            It's all right. If you have good imagination you are ready-to-go

Yes, I make my own static meshes.

Comment

Originally posted by Krogen
              It's all right. If you have good imagination you are ready-to-go

Yes, I make my own static meshes.
              Any tutorials?

I always thought learning how to model would be a very long, daunting task....

Comment

Originally posted by UT2K3Freak
                Any tutorials?

I always thought learning how to model would be a very long, daunting task....
                If you have the UT2004 DVD edition you can find a lot of tutorials there (try going to 3dbuzz.com if you don't have the DVD edition). There's about 10 hours of tutorials on the 2nd DVD (ok, I'm just guessing but I'm sure there's more) and I just watched the first 3 or so (about 1 1/2 hours) (there's a lot!) and after that I started working. I'm a person who learns stuff by doing it, and, because of that, I'm pretty sure that there's TONS of stuff that I missed.... Maybe that's why some of my meshes are so messed up?

Comment

Doh! I didn't think about using those tutorials on the DVD!

Comment

im a good modeler

I am a perty good modeler if you need help^^

Comment

For my first map, I made what meshes I needed that wouldn't be in the packages. Map-specific stuff.

For my latest project, the map is 99% custom meshes and textures. Means I can make it exactly how I want it. Cept with a CTF map the size of Bridge of Fate, it means it takes a little longer...

Comment

If the retail game doesn't have what I need, I'll try to mke the SMesh myself.

Comment

I never thought I'd see an app that made photoshop look overly simple. Then I looked at UnrealEd. Then I never thought I'd see an app that made UnEd look simple. Then I looked at the first buzz toot on Maya. And I'm thinking....I need this like a hole in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by V3rt1go
                            I never thought I'd see an app that made photoshop look overly simple. Then I looked at UnrealEd. Then I never thought I'd see an app that made UnEd look simple. Then I looked at the first buzz toot on Maya. And I'm thinking....I need this like a hole in the head.
                            Hehe... Imagine all of them without GUI.

Comment

I have recently started making my own statics and stuff. The difference is when you need something special and can't find it. Then it is nice to be able to make what you need.

There is mapping and there is art and somewhere in between is UT2004.

yeeehaaa

Comment

Working...
                              X