Err...changing weapons base spawn time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Err...changing weapons base spawn time

I been avoiding this as long as I could, cause I have a feeling it might take me somewhere I'd rather not go...and after searching the Wiki fruitlessly and I find I have to ask:

How do I change the respawning time on that weapon base?

<Grimacing>

Re: Err...changing weapons base spawn time

Originally posted by V3rt1go
    I been avoiding this as long as I could, cause I have a feeling it might take me somewhere I'd rather not go...and after searching the Wiki fruitlessly and I find I have to ask:

How do I change the respawning time on that weapon base?

<Grimacing>
    Don't grimace, I have been wondering about this but gave up a while back. All I can find is in WeaponBase properties is under PickUpBase and set bDelayedSpawn to true, but what is the delay????

All I can surmise is that you will have to do some custom weapon coding to suit your circumstances.

We wait in hope/vain.

Comment

It's looking like you're right, based on some other threads and things I dug up from the web. But I keep remembering Angel telling people to "subclass this" or "subclass that" and wondering if whatever it is that she's talking about is a quick way of avoiding this other thing called "Unreal Script."

I think the weaponslocker might possibly have a spawn time built in but haven't checked it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by V3rt1go
        It's looking like you're right, based on some other threads and things I dug up from the web. But I keep remembering Angel telling people to "subclass this" or "subclass that" and wondering if whatever it is that she's talking about is a quick way of avoiding this other thing called "Unreal Script."

I think the weaponslocker might possibly have a spawn time built in but haven't checked it yet.
        Weapon lockers do indeed have a spawn time set in, I have not tried it yet but you could use a locker but use a weapon pick up base mesh instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducatisto
          use a weapon pick up base mesh instead.
          Now that's a real idea--I'm on it, chief!!!

Comment

Well, the spawn time is under the "pickup" category and when I tried monkeying with this prop the deemer in the "weapons locker" respawned instantly. And changing the mesh to a regular weapons base didn't change how the weapon spawned, so it stood upright in mid-air with a green flashing light in the empty air above it, LoL. Which if nothing else did suggest one method for how to put a green flashing light into a map (just hide the pickup base under something).

Comment

It's better to subclass. Simply go to your actor browser, uncheck placeable classes only, find the weaponpickup you want (Actor -> Pickup -> WeaponPickup -> UTWeaponPickup) , right click, put the thingy in Mylevel, save, collapse the actor browser, open it up again, find your new subclass, double click to get the default properties, find the variable for respawn time and change it.

Erm. I think that's how it's done. :bulb:

Comment

You da man!

Originally posted by Shakuurn
                go to your actor browser, uncheck placeable classes only, find the weaponpickup you want (Actor -> Pickup -> WeaponPickup -> UTWeaponPickup) , right click, put the thingy in Mylevel, save, collapse the actor browser, open it up again, find your new subclass, double click to get the default properties, find the variable for respawn time and change it.
                This worked with just one qualification. Right click brings up the default props box; double click brings up the script window (I'm guessing) and before I could place the new "myRedeemerpickup" in the map I had to click "compile changed."

The funny bit is this put a Redeemer (smesh/actor), not the pickup base, in the map. It rotates in-game, and goes into player inventory when you collide with it, and disappears from the terrain, like you'd expect, which leaves nothing (no pickup base) on the map till it respawns. In the editor, it doesn't rotate, but no prob.

So I just had to place a static mesh pickup base under the "pickup", with a spiral emitter, so it'd all look right, like a normal Deemer in-game.

For some unknown reason, a respawn time of 180 translates into two minutes forty-five seconds in RL time, but that's easy enough to jiggle around.

Thanks for clueing us in, Shak!

Comment

Working...
                X