No announcement yet.

ok, this may sound dorky...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wait till you try programming in Uscript, sometimes trying to find out where in the tree something was defined/done is a chore...

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
      just wait till you try programming in Uscript, sometimes trying to find out where in the tree something was defined/done is a chore...
      for UT2004, the UDE search function and class/package display options make this much less troublesome. use WOTgreal for earlier versions.

Comment

Originally posted by V3rt1go
        It's just as goofy as the ONS stuff. All the vehicle factories are under vehicle factories, but the link gun turret is under pawns as a "manual gun pawn." Maybe it makes sense to a programmer, but it drives me nuts because by the time I'm on to the next map I forget where the heck turrets are.
        they should catorgise them.

Weapsons
        -all the weapons
        -all the ammo
        vehicles
        -all the items you can use in the sense of get into them.
        Game objectives
        -ctf stuff
        -ons stuff
        -double domination
        ect...

Comment

Originally posted by GAGGLONE
          they should catorgise them
          this would lead to subjective or even arbitrary sorting, with a whole lotta stuff (current count is about 2500 classes, i believe) not fitting in any convenient category, or a category of one, not very efficient. but if you'd like to do the work of such a sort, i'm sure some folk might find it useful. maybe post it on the Wiki when you're done.

the game devs don't need it, though, and since the Editor is part of their toolbox (we just sorta borrow it to play around with ), they probably won't do things any different.

Comment

So that would be an SOP: Subjectively Oriented Programming. You know it almost sounds like philosophy!

Comment

Working...
            X