converting maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    nothing shows up in my front, side, or top viewports....only my brush....but in dynamic light I can see all my rooms and nothin else

Leave a comment:

• replied
    either i did it wrong or it didnt work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm maybe they are disabled for the viewports. try right-clicking on the little Bars with the TLF and the perspective icons and then go into the view... menu

Leave a comment:

• replied
    whew.....nevermind there not gone I just cant see them......how do I change it back to where I can see em in the editor?

I played the map and everything was there....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WTF!!!! I saved my map to go eat some stuff and when I got back into it, only my rooms were there! all my lights, movers, static meshes, playerstarts, and weaponsbases were gone....WTF!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    konverter

yeah you'd think there would be more programs that would be able to convert .bsp files into usable file versions, especially since so many games use .bsp file extensions!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thats the one I have that wonk work 4 me....ill just build the thing from scratch......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    .bsp to t3d

There is only one program I can find.

It is for quake 3 maps only. Although many other games use .bsp files for their maps, they are of a different version, and cannot be converted.
    The file is called Bsp2t3d.exe if your looking for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is there a program somewhere thatll convert a .bsp to .t3d, .dxf, .asc, or .ase?

or at least enough to let me create a brush out of it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: one way wall

Originally posted by ydeardorff
    That seems like an unfair advantage to the sniper. I like to throw in karma actors to mess up the sniper. IE if you stand too long in one spot something bad happens. I hate camping snipers!! I always try to discourage camping in my maps
    Me too, that's why I prefer concrete it stops them setting the tent pegs. :haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yah it must be just cause im special

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't believe the amount of replies this thread has gotten.

(Yes, I'm well aware of the irony of adding to the reply count in an attempt to point that out - a necessary evil)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    one way wall

That seems like an unfair advantage to the sniper. I like to throw in karma actors to mess up the sniper. IE if you stand too long in one spot something bad happens. I hate camping snipers!! I always try to discourage camping in my maps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it is a room facing the enemy base that has a see through wall from the inside but not the outside......tis for sniping, its one of the things in the map I want to convert

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BlakeFabian
    well there is 1 mover in the map i want to do and god knows how many textures

ps iv got a pretty good map goin....my posts are to figured out how to add/configure ****.......is there a tuturiol somewhere on how to make see/walkthrough walls?.....I cant find any

when I open that bsp2t3d converter it brings up an ms-dos-prompt window for about 3/4 a sec and than shuts itself off....I use windows me so I know it supports dos....is there a newer version that fixes this?
    can you be more specific, then i can help you , i mean, do you want to have a room connected to another with a walkthru wall separatig them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X