Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. posted twice

Comment

**** this uses ms-dos applications and I have win 2000....fyi win 200 dosent support dos, can someone convert it for me...heres a link of the map I want to convert...................

http://vsmaps.globaltfc.com/index.php?pg=freefall5

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeFabian
        lol dude the editor comes with the game....just look in its system folder or in the ut2004 folder in your start menu :noob:
        Ever heard of the phrase "Yanking your chain"?

Circus just yanked yours

On a serious note, practise just mucking around with the tools in the editor to see what they can do for you. I reiterate the message, FOLLOW TUTORIALS TO THE LETTER and you will succeed in creating something.

Try 3D Buzz and download and watch their tutorial videos :up:

Nite.

Comment

Thread "sum-up"

Im new to the forums and and havent looked around yet so forgive me if this is already here.........Im wondering If there was a way to convert A team Fortress Map to ut2004, or if not if someone would build it for me, id greatly appreciate it.

I dont know how to do anything in unreal ed and the tutorials dont do help. Plus im sure the textures for the map arnt created for ut2004 yet and I dont know how to build them. If someone could post a walkthrough on how to build a map id like that. by walkthrough i mean step by step how to make a map, ya know this button, than this button...cant seem to find that anywhere like the procedure in which they made their map....i wont spread it as my map and proabley wont spread it at all but I think a walkthrough would help MUCH more than those tuturiols...........I have sooo many ideas for maps but no knowlage to make any of em

Links given.

http://www.planetunreal.com/archite...irst_level.html
          http://angelmapper.com/tutorials.htm
          http://www.leveldesigner.com/index.php?action=cat&ID=1
          http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/
          http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/WebHome

....White Viewports.....

first of all...how do i make a sky?

links given again.

"how do I light a big room?"........"how do I make buildings?"....then this:
          and does anyone know a link for the editor update to fix the bot paths between the player start and the xWeaponBase?

*****Then BlakeFabian got pwnd by Circus. :haha: :up:

Page2; "Can someone convert it for me?"

Stop bumping this thread. All he wants is something real fast without any kind of effort. (i regret my "bump")

:bored:

Comment

editor

lol dude the editor comes with the game....just look in its system folder or in the ut2004 folder in your start menu :noob:
            Yeah I know that. I am fluent in mapping arleady. But one thing UED doesnt do is convert .BSP files in to T3D format. I need a separate program for that which seems to be non existant. The only converter file or program I can find is strictly designed to work with Quake 3 version files only. And no other versions.
            I am trying to grab chunks of achitechture for use in a custom map from the game forsaken.

Comment

WTF, it is possible to convert ut99 maps to ut2k4, even if they are bsp
              straight port are possible

edit:umm, tfc

Comment

converting maps

yeah thats easy!!
                You will just have to rebuild all he movers, triggers, and textures.
                But what is hard is grabbing from other games!! That has proven to be a pickle and a half!!!

Comment

well there is 1 mover in the map i want to do and god knows how many textures

ps iv got a pretty good map goin....my posts are to figured out how to add/configure ****.......is there a tuturiol somewhere on how to make see/walkthrough walls?.....I cant find any

when I open that bsp2t3d converter it brings up an ms-dos-prompt window for about 3/4 a sec and than shuts itself off....I use windows me so I know it supports dos....is there a newer version that fixes this?

Comment

1 more thing......i have 4 rooms that I want players of one team only to randomley spawn in........how do I set this up?

i cant find how to do that on tuturiols..or at least the ones I looked at

nevermind found out how

Comment

FYI: Battlezone 2 map conversion

Battlezone 2 uses an old softimage XSI format and direct x 6.0

Yeah I know old stuff.

A friend made this utility for converting the map terrain and texture info into a series of gray scale bitmaps.

What I did was mostly import the terrain bitmaps after resizing to what UT required and proper scale conversion.

I never bothered to use any of the original textures because UT already had better textures.

Generally if you can get the terrain info from any map from any game converted to gray scale bitmap your good to go.

You just import the bitmap as a texture then open the terraininfo actor and add it to the alpha. The rest is rescaling the height to what looks good.

Check Unreal Wiki tutorials and angelmapper.com for the details on importing terrain.

Comment

team spawn points

As far as I know you just set the properties of the spawn point to team 0, or team 1

Comment

well there is 1 mover in the map i want to do and god knows how many textures

ps iv got a pretty good map goin....my posts are to figured out how to add/configure ****.......is there a tuturiol somewhere on how to make see/walkthrough walls?.....I cant find any

when I open that bsp2t3d converter it brings up an ms-dos-prompt window for about 3/4 a sec and than shuts itself off....I use windows me so I know it supports dos....is there a newer version that fixes this?
                          can you be more specific, then i can help you , i mean, do you want to have a room connected to another with a walkthru wall separatig them?

Comment

it is a room facing the enemy base that has a see through wall from the inside but not the outside......tis for sniping, its one of the things in the map I want to convert

Comment

one way wall

That seems like an unfair advantage to the sniper. I like to throw in karma actors to mess up the sniper. IE if you stand too long in one spot something bad happens. I hate camping snipers!! I always try to discourage camping in my maps

Comment

I can't believe the amount of replies this thread has gotten.

(Yes, I'm well aware of the irony of adding to the reply count in an attempt to point that out - a necessary evil)

Comment

Working...
                                X