No announcement yet.

converting maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put an awesome skybox on my site (BEST SKYBOX EVER!). I mean, it's not an actual skybox. It's a globe that looks like a skybox. The clouds move, the animation is awesome and it's only 60KB. Check it out!

It was made by DaJMasta. He did an awesome job.

Comment

angel mapper has a tuturiol for multiple sky thingeys.....I only want one....do I need multiple for the clouds and **** to move?

and krogen..can you give a link to where you got yours?

and {MM}Juggalo_kyl, where did you send the link to me? Its not in my private messages box :weird:

Comment

angel mapper has a tuturiol for multiple sky thingeys.....I only want one
        Stop being an idiot! I gave you plenty of links to get started. There's a skybox tutorial in this link.
        http://www.planetunreal.com/architec...rst_level.html Which I posted earlier!

Stop being lazy.....search for answers.....read the tutorials......and for God's sake, don't ask how to make a map of a small planet with a perpetual gravity all the way around.

Start simple. If you just started...you shouldn't be making sky boxes already.

:sour:

Comment

angelmapper did meantion a thing called a sunlight actor....that sounds promising.....but all she let for how to make it was.....add a Light >> Sunlight actor to our room, and point it toward the ground at a slight angle. In order for the Sunlight actor to work, we need to set the walls and ceiling of our cube to Fake Backdrop, so go ahead and do that now .
          ??????????

the only light thing iv figured out is add light here and it dosent have an option for a sunlight actor

Comment

how do I make a map of a small planet with a perpetual gravity? lol dude im a noob :noob: ...cut me some slack....and I do read the tuturiols.

Comment

I apologize. Good luck to you.

Comment

hey i made subtracted a 20000 x 20000 x 9000 cube for my map....is there a way i can just light it all or do i have to "put light here" every 3 inches?

i did a guick glanch over the planetunreal and didnt see anything...and when I make a sunlight actor, point the light at the ground and click build lighting...no light is visible :weird:

Comment

ok if theres some tuturiol for this plz link but....I made a huge cube to be my outside and wanna gonna put buildings and stuff into it but it wont let me......is there another way to put buildings in.......do they have to be static meshs?

Comment

if you want to add material back into your big cube you have to press Ctrl+A or click the add button

if you want the Sunlight actor to work properly select the surfaces you want the light to be able to go through and richt click. in the Surface Properties you just have to select the Fake Backdrop checkbox.

gl on your mission as a level designer ;D

Comment

tks, 4 that just adds it...I want a it to be a building.....I want to be able to walk around in it and whatnot....how i do that

and does anyone know a link for the editor update to fix the bot paths between the player start and the xWeaponBase?

Comment

BSP conversion

You can in fact convert .bsp files to a .t3d format and then open them in UED but this only works on quake levels. Other games that used the same or similar quake engine for their games will have a different version of the .bsp file to convert, and the only converter I can find Bsp2t3d.exe will not convert it.

So good luck!

And like the guy said just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming!

Comment

Where do I download the Editor?

Comment

sunlight

Originally posted by BlakeFabian
                            hey i made subtracted a 20000 x 20000 x 9000 cube for my map....is there a way i can just light it all or do i have to "put light here" every 3 inches?

i did a guick glanch over the planetunreal and didnt see anything...and when I make a sunlight actor, point the light at the ground and click build lighting...no light is visible :weird:
                            Go to the architechtonic web site they have a complete tutorial on just about every possible thing you could want to do.

the other good site is unrealwiki
                            Both of these tut sites are for version 2.0 that came with UT2K3 but are generally compatible with 3.0 as well. Just print all that stuff out, and read through it. And you'll be cooking with gas, and you'll have a frag arena built in no time. But remember, making things large and complicated isnt always better. Sometimes even the simplest rooms/arenas are the best to play!!

Comment

.bsp conversion

Originally posted by BlakeFabian
                              tfc maps are .bsp, how can i convert it?
                              You can convert maps from quake 3 into UT architechture. And build them for UT.
                              Your looking for a file on the net called Bsp2t3d.exe. This file will not convert any other format of .bsp files, but will convert quake files. I hope this helps

Comment

lol dude the editor comes with the game....just look in its system folder or in the ut2004 folder in your start menu :noob:

Comment

Working...
                                X