New Texture problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Texture problems

Ok this may sound weird, but I cannot create a new texture in Unreal Ed. I've done it before, but it was a while ago. I'm thinking that maybe I'm just forgetting something. This time it is on a different machine, too. Here's the deal:

I have a texture for a vehicle, which is in a group, in a package of all self-made textures. I have other textures that are shaders, rotators, panners, etc that I have already made and set the properties for and everything. They all work fine. But now I begin to create a new texture, and the first weird thing I notice is that the "class" category is empty. I can type in a new name for the texture, but I cannot selet the class. The second weird thing Is when I press "New" it does nothing other than depress, but "close" or "X" closes the dialog.

All of the other "special" textures were created on the other machine, but that one is not currently accessable...

What do I need to make this work?

I dunno what's causing your problem, but a possible workaround is to find whatever kind of material class you're trying to make, renaming it into myLevel, and changing its submaterials to yours.

If you're trying to import a straight-up texture though, don't create a new one, IMPORT one.

Comment

I dunno what's causing your problem, but a possible workaround is to find whatever kind of material class you're trying to make, renaming it into myLevel, and changing its submaterials to yours.
      Yeah that seems to be the wway to do it. I guess it's good bcause I have a good base to start with if I use a retail material, but I've never done it this way before.

If you're trying to import a straight-up texture though, don't create a new one, IMPORT one.
      Always!

Comment

Working...
      X