texturing a cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

texturing a cage

i want to make a cage for a monster but how do i make a texture with transparent bits in it cause every time i make one in photoshop the transparent bits turn white in the editor how do i make transparent bits to work in unreal editor using photoshop?

Just make an alpha ....The white part willl be visible and the black part will be opaque, grey color will fade....

Just an example of a tutorial with alpha --->http://pixelpusher.freeservers.com/W...a-channels.htm ...

For the import in UEd, just select alpha in the import window...if u convert ur texture in DDS, choose DXT3 or DXT5 cause DXT1 doesnt support alpha channel...

Thats all...

Comment

You'll need the 7.1 patch for photoshop, there's a bug in the .tga format that means alpha doesn't work. The patch fixes it.

Comment

:heart: You would be better of making a more realistic cage with real bars? This is 2K4 and most people expect better then masked mesh textures! You could use static meshes to create the cage!
        :sour: I could make it for you if I had the time!

Comment

I wanted to change the color of a lightning bolt already made in ued, so i exported it and changed the color and imported it back in with the areas I want transparent black. then I do the same for antoher texture with areas I want transparent black, but it doesn't work on terrain (the lightningbolt was for an emitter) can terrain be transparent?

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias
            :heart: You would be better of making a more realistic cage with real bars? This is 2K4 and most people expect better then masked mesh textures! You could use static meshes to create the cage!
            :sour: I could make it for you if I had the time!
            ditto

Comment

Working...
            X