Light Radius Scaling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Radius Scaling?

Is it possible to scale every light radius up by a set value? I am recreating an older map and I rebuilt the BSP at about 1.2 times larger than the original. Now that the lights are in-place with their stock values, the map is too dark. Scaling the lights witht he menu option does not increase the radius, which is what I need to scale. Any ideas?

well if all the lights have the same radius, then just right click a light, select> select all lights and up the radius... if the lights have different radi though, this will not work and you'll have to go around and do it manually for each light...

if anyone knows an easier way i'd like to know too

btw for scaleing maps... you only need to make things a bit wider

charector models are the same hight as in ut, they are just 72 wide instead of 64 wide

Comment

You sure models aren't a tad taller? I used an original map once and the doors were AWFUL short. I mean even if the models are the same height, the camera has to have been moved up or something. I remade a Deus Ex map with a friend a while back (heck, it was a straight import) and doors were way too short. I may go back and resize it later, but for now it'll do.

Comment

You do need to adjust the height, the player models are taller than original UT.

In UEd3, go to Tools->Scale Map. This nifty tool will scale up anything you currently have selected, including light location and radius. I would suggest opening up the old map and deleting what you don't need, then using the Scale Map tool rather then trying to rebuild the BSP. I've found that scaling up 25% is pretty accurate, this would mean you enter a value ov 1.250000 into the tool.

By the way, ignore the Scale Lights tool, as that only adjust the brightness, which doesn't need to be adjusted in geometrical scaling.

Comment

from what i've seen in the editor and measured myself, player models from 99 and 2k4 are the same hight, but different widths.

deck 17 for instance is all the same hights as deck 16, but with wider hallways.

Comment

Working...
          X