Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with importing textures.

Hello!

I am trying to make some Doom style maps, and I'm doing reasonably well with geometry, however, I'm having a problem importing the textures, heres my problem.

When I try to import the textures into UnrealEd, it asks what package and group I want it in. So I tell it I want it in package "DoomTextures" and group "Doors". Then, when I do it, nothing shows up!

Am I missing some crucial element, because I'm feeling rather stupid right now!

What are the dimensions (in pixels) of the texture? I often find that when that happens to me, it's because the texture is the wrong size.

Comment

786x786 for one that doesnt work...

Comment

That's what I thought. You need to resize it to either 512x512 or 1024x1024.

Comment

UnrealEd cannot use 786x786?

I will try resizing!!

Comment

Originally posted by UT2K3Freak
            UnrealEd cannot use 786x786?
            It only handles sizes that are powers of 2.

Comment

Thanks! It worked

Comment

Put all your custom stuff into "myLevel" and in the next line you can call whatever you want.

If you put everything into "myLevel" when you distribute your map everything (textures, static meshes etc...) will already be included in your map and you won't have manage extra files.

Ever notice sometimes you d/l a map and there's no extra folders?
                That's because everything was placed in "myLevel".

Comment

Only .ogg (music) files can't be imported to myLevel AFAIK...

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X