Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    is it not just ported from the cs map?
    ???:bulb: There's a CS map for this? because I don't think I have the scales right, maybe I could port it to see the scales. Anybody know where and how I could port it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is it not just ported from the cs map?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    neat solution

I thought about it and found a nice idea. Instead of using all triangles, the interirors of the columns are gonna be made of tetrahedrons. and the very outer layer will be made of pyramids, the tetrahedron will be normal of course.
    Why tetrahedrons? pretend you shoot a column, there should be a dent, and a column missing a tetrahedron looks like there is a negative pyramidal dent, which looks real, and is one of the more efficient space filling geometrys. (also because saying tetrahedron sounds cool)
    Also, I made the level just from memory, I'm gonna rent the matrix, or buy it someday for some real footage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    in regard to your question, i dont think theres a way 2 do it which will make it run "good", your way sounds pretty good, just make sure the clouds+chunks are thick enough that you cant see the mover suddenly disappearing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Halo Marines! yay!:bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol there was already a lobby made... but it was the one from the 2nd Matrix... yours looks even better than that one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol i semi-made a lobby map awhile ago... never got round to finishing it, that one looks good!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How to make exploding columns

How to make exploding columns

Like in the lobby scene in Matrix '99. I've been thinking about making the columns out of a bunch of triangle pyramid movers and some hit triggered emitters, emiting a cloud of dust and shards of marble or stone, while the mover moves out of the level and dissapears from view.
    I'm afraid that this will become computationally taxing and might make the level umplayable. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.
    [SCREENSHOT]http://img84.exs.cx/img84/4369/matrix3.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://img84.exs.cx/img84/5716/matrix2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
Working...
X