Batch Migration Into "myLevel"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Migration Into "myLevel"?

Quick question. I am working on a level that, up to this point, has been using textures and static meshes loaded from seperate UTX and USX files. Note, these are custom textures and meshes, not included UT files.

Since at some point I want to be able to distribute my work is there a way I can mass migrate all my textures and meshes into the "myLevel" package?

Thanks!

Nope, you have to hit Edit >> Rename and put in mylevel for the package for each one.

Comment

You could batch the textures/staticmeshes/etc. into the mylevel package without too much difficulty (just export them from where they are, then re-import them back into mylevel).
      You would probably have to export the textures/meshes one by one, but you can import as many as you want back into the mylevel package at the same time...

Then, to, for example, change change the textures from the old 'custom package' into the new 'mylevel' package, you would have to:

1. Select your mylevel texture in the texture browser
      2. Select a surface with the texture you want to change
      3. Right-click and goto select->surfaces matching texture
      4. Right-click and goto "apply texture"
      5. Repeat once for each custom texture

For the meshes, you would have to:

1. Select your mylevel staticmesh in the staticmesh browser
      2. Select one of the 'old' staticmeshes in the perspective window
      3. Right-click and goto select->Matching static meshes
      4. Right-click and open properties
      5. Under Display, find the 'staticmesh' property
      6. Click the 'use' button
      7. Repeat once for each custom static mesh

---------------------------------

I could be wrong, but I think that is as batched as you will get it It's a bit of a mission, but it's worth not having to send texture/mesh packages along with your map...

Hope this helps

Comment

You're forgetting hidden faces, it doesn't select them when you do that, so those faces would still be referencing the old texture. For those you'd right click on the old texture and hit Remove From Level.

Comment

I was hoping for an automated soulution, but oh well.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
            You're forgetting hidden faces, it doesn't select them when you do that, so those faces would still be referencing the old texture. For those you'd right click on the old texture and hit Remove From Level.
            True, didn't think of that.

Originally posted by Rworthley
            Thanks for the quick replies.
            n/p

Comment

Working...
            X