Triggerable Movers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggerable Movers

First off, I would like to say that the [SEARCH] button failed me, as I'm looking for something very specific.

Onto the question.
    I would like to know if it is possible to make a mover be triggered by a switch, then stop and hold indefinitely, and the return on the touch of the trigger a second time.

Ex. There is a large hallway that the enemy is attacking from. There is a switch that will lower down a blast door (mover). Now the enemies can't attack you. But, now you can't attack them. So, you press the switch again, and the door raises again.

Is there any way to do this?

Yes, me and Zubspace have used this, ask him for the script.

Comment

Why don't you just use a trigger-toggled mover for the blast door and either a use trigger or another mover that acts as a switch?

You don't need a script, either.

Comment

Why don't you just use a trigger-toggled mover for the blast door and either a use trigger or another mover that acts as a switch?
        Agreed. No need for a script. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shinzon

You don't need a script, either.
          Is it possible to have a trigger trigger a trigger?? :bulb: So I could have 2, the first lowers the door and turns on the second, and the second raises the door and turns on the first?

Comment

Triggers affect movers so you can have infinite triggers affecting the one mover (within reason) .

Under Trigger properties you need to set Trigger-> Trigger Type to TT_LivePlayerProximity and on the mover set Object -> Initial State to TriggerAdvance. What this does is the player has to stand on the trigger to make the mover move and if they get off the trigger before the mover has reached the next keyNum it stops moving and stays where it is.

From this we should be able to get the mover to open and stay open, but reversing is a bit harder.

For reference open AS_Glacier in UEd and use the actorfind to look at Triggers 4 and 11. These are the blast doors that have to be opened after crossing the bridge (Objective 2 i think).

If you didn't understand some of this Noctivagus put an excellent tutorial for level building which also has a 2-part tut on Movers and doors (just go to home page -> tutorials and you should find it easily enough).

However, I assume if you are trying something like this you are already past the basics stage and have already built a few maps. The best advice I can give is to make a new map, just build a 512x1024x1024 room with one player start 2 pathnodes and the door you want and just work with it until you can get it to do what you're after before implementing it into a complete map.

Comment

Working...
            X