Help A Newbie Out...Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help A Newbie Out...Please

OK i'm new to mapping and new to this board ..so first off hello all...
    second i have a prob maybe you could help me with ...i made a terrain inside a subtracted cube and now i want to put in a skybox ...but when i subtract a new cube for my skybox my terrain dissapears ..i tryed subbtracting it as far away as possible but to the same end...also when i build all the terrain reapears but the newly subtracted cube dissapears ...whoo ok i hope that made sense ...

cya

That seems really weird to me. Maybe you didn't put a zoneInfo in the main zone?

Screenshots would probably help. But I'd try starting over from scratch to see if it happens again.

Comment

If the skybox is there in the front, top, & side views.....it's not gone. I assume your watching this happen in the 3D view. Yes?

Could it be that your skybox doesn't have any light in it, and it is going dark, instead of disappearing?

Comment

Terrain always dissappears, that's normal. Just build the geometry and it comes back.

Try rebuilding only the geometry, because as Fecal said, your skybox could just be pitch black against the void.

Comment

wow now i feel totally stupid ...yes i did infact forget to put a light in my skybox .....thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
          X