Watery Shimmer Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watery Shimmer Effect

I Was wondering, how would i go about creating the watery shimmer effects like in Curse4? I haven't a clue, so if someone would help, I would be very thankful.
    [IMG]http://members.***.net/weaponsofmassdistortion/Shot00035.JPG[/IMG]

Looks like a PROJECTOR to me. do some resarch.

Good place to start would be www.wiki.beyondunreal.com and put that in the search

Comment

definitely a projector, probably a static one, so it works :bulb: , and then probably one with a texture that has a shader of a texture oscillator or panner, to make it move. To go all-out, make sure to make a cubemap to have the water reflect the room too.

Check the tut in the sig for a basic static projector setup, and a whole buncha types of waters.

Comment

It is a projector with a high FOV

Comment

Thanks guys! I got help from Rachel Cordone, and it was a projector, a texture projector. And DaJMasta, i found the cubemap, but it was in the myLevel package, so I am unauthorized to use it. Do you know of a good clear cubemap for my fluid surface info?

Comment

there are a couple of cubemap textures in various texture packages, maybe try "cubemaps.utx" lol.

If you want no reflection of any specific level, than you actually don't need one, just use a diffuse, specular, and opacity texture in your water shader.

Comment

Thanks, ill try that. I like the basic no reflection, but I am unsure of how to get a diffuse map or opacity, i have found several, but they are wall textured opacity maps. Any suggestions?

By the way, thank you for your time.

Comment

I use the good ol ocean glass shader in AW-Globals as the base for most of mine. Then for moving water i use a texture panner for diffuse, and it has the specularity and opacity masks for relitively clear water already selected, though this one does have a cubemap, its of nothing specific and is relitively low resolution, so it just makes the water look better

Comment

Working...
                X