Milkshape + Lithunwrap problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milkshape + Lithunwrap problem

Don't know if any mappers except ChipV6 know/use Milkshape or Lithunwrap but I've got a problem with texture wrapping.

My model looks fine when mapped in Milkshape, but when I export it as the correct .lwo into UEd I get some weird texturing as shown in red. You can see that it's doing that in a few places. I've tried a couple of different ways of unwrapping/skinning it in Lithunwrap but I get the same kind of results.

Any ideas or links to tutorials that show proper Milkshape>Lithunwrap>UEd 3.0 techniques?

The first image is in UEd, the second is the same test skin in Milkshape using 'materials'.

ooohh, I see that Prefablab posts in here. I've used a bunch of stuff on your site. Maybe you've got some insite into what i'm doing wrong?

not sure from your post whether the pictured example was UVW-mapped in MilkShape or Lithunwrap. i've never run into this kind of prob using the MS3D projection tool, but i don't use Lithunwrap so i can't comment specifically about that app. did you unwrap the skin for the example? if so, seeing how the UVs overlay the texture(s) might be of some help.

btw, i notice i've been upgraded to a V6 four extra cylinders! "Must go faster! Must go faster!"

Comment

The best and affordable solution is to get http://www.unwrap3d.com and open the milkshape3d model with it ........then export it as ASE......

Any uvmap problems can be corrected in Unwrap3d.........it even supports DDS textures from ut2004

Comment

Working...
      X