Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[3323 CameraTextureClient] Clients see no animations?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    okay i'll have a look at it, thanks

i need the monitors to fill up some empty walls btw )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've have managed to change the code of a CameraTextureClient to make it work online but with the only drawback
    of you cannot see other players in online games.

I have managed to get players visible through them in online games, but using a bit of code i borrowed from
    somewhere (cant remember where now), i never released that version cause i havnt yet asked permission to use that
    part of the code.

Check my DM-StalwartXLClassic for the monitors that works online (with no players visible in server games)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya. This is annoying, but there's a reason it isn't replicated. Aside from all that, you're going to have to at least extend cameratextureclient and change it so it will *really* work, and not just in instant action. You could ask the deathball coder about how this works. I wanted it for a UT2k3 mod I was doing (to avoid spawnrape, I would have a team spawn in a closed room. Teleporters out, cameras displayed on monitors so your choice wouldn't be a blind one. Long story). Anyway, it's not meant to be used online, so to sum up: You'll have to code your own or get someone to code it for you, so it will work online.

Dicky B (and it's hardly worth the hassle, except for something like deathball)

ps-and I did have one working for my mod, but not as well as I wanted, so I scrapped that part of it.

Leave a comment:

• [3323 CameraTextureClient] Clients see no animations?!

okay guys i need a little help once again

i added two monitors into my map and two CameraTextureClient's.
    I also added two emitters and set them to bDirectional (changed them to InterpolationPoint's now, but still won't work) and i did all the scriptedtexture stuff and so on.
    When i
    - start a Listen server: I see the video and all the stuff going on, but when someone joins he only sees a stopped picture. (It may help that he can see AdrenalinePickup's and ONSMineAmmo and a xWeaponBase (but without the weapon)).
    - start a dedicated Server: Neither I can see the animation, nor does anybody else
    - start an instant Action: (launched from the UED) i can see the video and stuff and it all goes fine.

please help me i am few minutes away from blasting my comp into a few tiny burning bits :O

btw: one of the Interpolation Points used as a camera: (copy and pasted)
    Code:
    Begin Map
    Begin Actor Class=InterpolationPoint Name=InterpolationPoint1
        Level=LevelInfo'myLevel.LevelInfo0'
        Region=(Zone=LevelInfo'myLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=145,ZoneNumber=3)
        Tag="GefaehrtCamera"
        PhysicsVolume=PhysicsVolume'myLevel.PhysicsVolume4'
        Location=(X=-4549.528320,Y=-2586.505615,Z=368.000000)
        Rotation=(Pitch=-4208,Yaw=9552)
        bSelected=True
    End Actor
    Begin Surface
    End Surface
    End Map
    and the CameraTextureClient

Code:
    Begin Map
    Begin Actor Class=CameraTextureClient Name=CameraTextureClient0
        DestTexture=ScriptedTexture'myLevel.GefaehrtCamera'
        CameraTag="GefaehrtCamera"
        RefreshRate=30.000000
        Level=LevelInfo'myLevel.LevelInfo0'
        Region=(Zone=LevelInfo'myLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=140,ZoneNumber=6)
        Tag="CameraTextureClient"
        PhysicsVolume=DefaultPhysicsVolume'myLevel.DefaultPhysicsVolume0'
        Location=(X=749.104797,Y=-2778.082764,Z=1051.780273)
        bSelected=True
    End Actor
    Begin Surface
    End Surface
    End Map
    The Texture properties:
    Code:
    Format:           TEXF_P8
    UClampMode:       TC_Wrap
    VClampMode:       TC_Wrap
    UClamp:           512
    VClamp:           512
    FallbackMaterial: TexPanner'XGameShaders.ZoomFX.ScreenNoisePan'
    SurfaceType:      EST_Default
    maybe this can help you... (i think the bSelected is set by the editor, because i had to select it in order to copy it )

edit: before you ask: yes i DID do a forums search and even a google search, but didn't find anything :cry:
Working...
X