X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Re: Ued to Maya (Static Meshes) obj files not working

Originally posted by MonstroRiveter
    Its seems odd that a wavefront obj cant be imported by alias wavefront's software. Anyway I got Milkshape 3d 1.7.1 and tried to import the obj but it goes crashes evrytime I try it. Ive searched the forums but nothing I could use turned up. Is there any way to get the ut2004 static meshes into maya to edit. Im sure an answer could help some other frustrated people out there too, thanks
    The bonus tools has an .OBJ importer for Maya 6 full. Look on the Alais website for the bonus tools.

Here is my favorite tool once again. You can pull obj files right out of the ut2004 packages. Choose 2004 cause i think it defaults to 2003.
    http://www.acordero.org/projects/utpt/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chipV2
    a plugin called dwgTranslator.mll for importing dwg & dxf files comes with Maya 5 PLE
    Does that also come with Maya 6 PLE ? That's pretty cool, I wasn't aware that you could get any files (of any type) into Maya PLE - my bad.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a plugin called dwgTranslator.mll for importing dwg & dxf files comes with Maya 5 PLE. try exporting the static mesh from the UDE Advanced Exporter as a .3ds file, then import it into MilkShape, then export it as .dxf and use the plugin to get it into Maya PLE. i have done this process a few times, but usually avoid it as the dxf import brings in only geometry -- no UVW mapping & no smoothing groups -- and you have to merge all the verts before proceeding with any modeling (this can usually be done in toto using the right MergeVertices settings in Maya).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This issue has been discussed numerous times - you can't import ANY files into Maya PLE, except for it's native file format (.mp or something). Hence, you cannot import static meshes into it - either get the full version of Maya (or another 3d app like 3DSMax)(= lots of $$$$) or a freeware program that can open them - perhaps someone here could suggest one.

Leave a comment:

• Ued to Maya (Static Meshes) obj files not working

OK I am using maya ple 6 and ued3. I place a static mesh into an empty map and the right click and convert it to a brush. Then I select brush export and then export it a wavefront obj, and I need to import it into maya. Its seems odd that a wavefront obj cant be imported by alias wavefront's software. Anyway I got Milkshape 3d 1.7.1 and tried to import the obj but it goes crashes evrytime I try it. Ive searched the forums but nothing I could use turned up. Is there any way to get the ut2004 static meshes into maya to edit. Im sure an answer could help some other frustrated people out there too, thanks
Working...
X