Need help with terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with terrain

I done made my terrain and placed about everything I want on it. Well it is a bit to small. I was curious is there a way to make my terrain bigger and maybe have everything I've done placed stay there? If not is there a way I can still make the terrain bigger without having to start over?

Thx

did you try changing the values of terrainscale under the terrain properties? (X & Y)

Comment

There's also a thing under Tools called scale or rescale map, but I've never gotten it to work, never heard of anyone getting it to work, and I couldn't really vouch for what it is that it's actually supposed to do. Someone's experience may.....differ?

Comment

using the scale level thing will most likely result in bsp errors...

as for the question...as noted above...scale the terrain a little bit...you'll probably have to readjust some objects but it'll make the terrain bigger

Comment

use g16ed to resize the terrain :up:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martingbell/ut2003/

Comment

resizing the heightmap is not what you want to do in this situation as you'll have more terrain to work with...but you'll also have 4x more polys to deal with...using the terrainscale option you'll have the same amount of polys but they'll be stretched out more

Comment

Working...
            X