creating a big SurfaceFluidInfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a big SurfaceFluidInfo

Well, I want to create a big fluid info zone.
    The max size it lets me do is 255x255.
    How can I make it larger? Do I have to copy it all around?

Thanks.

Re: creating a big SurfaceFluidInfo

Originally posted by hydro
    The max size it lets me do is 255x255.
    How can I make it larger? Do I have to copy it all around?
    open its properties, and you'll see bGridSpacing iirc. increase its value.

btw, fluidsurfaceinfos eat performance. so you better not set it to 255x255. i wouldnt make it bigger than 128x128. just fyi :up:

Comment

Re: Re: creating a big SurfaceFluidInfo

Originally posted by ZuBsPaCe
      open its properties, and you'll see bGridSpacing iirc. increase its value.

btw, fluidsurfaceinfos eat performance. so you better not set it to 255x255. i wouldnt make it bigger than 128x128. just fyi :up:
      fyi?
      And I need to cover a massive size of water. 16000x16000.

Comment

You dont want to make it that size. You want to make it _a_ size then scale it up to fit. The 256x256 is doesnt really matter when you are looking at size, its more or less 'detail' (not to say that detail isnt more important the larger you get). The grid spacing is a way to spread those 128x128 pixels further apart.

Open BR-Canyon and check out the settings for the 2 fluid surfaces in it (the yellow and white).

Comment

fyi = for your information

as Milo_PEZ said, you cant make it larger than 255x255, just scale it up.

btw: here's the g16ed program you asked me for ingame to resize your terrain, just in case:
          http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martingbell/ut2003/

Comment

Originally posted by ZuBsPaCe
            fyi = for your information

as Milo_PEZ said, you cant make it larger than 255x255, just scale it up.

btw: here's the g16ed program you asked me for ingame to resize your terrain, just in case:
            http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martingbell/ut2003/
            Well since that didnt work for me I just opened up ONS-IslandHop and ... copied the static mesh

fyi thats new

Comment

Working...
            X