Teleport / JumpPad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teleport / JumpPad?

OK, here is the idea of what I would like to implement in my (hopefully) first stab at map making. I am at odds as to whether have a JumpPad or teleporter, problem is the distance between the (verticallly orientated) destinations is some 7000 units. My concern with teleporters are the probability of telefragging which is what I want to steer clear of. My vision is to have a multiple teleporter pad (ala Star Trek ) say 6 teleporters at base and 6 teleporters at destination and if used is there a way to either stop a particular teleporter from being used by another player or someway of "pushing" the player off the telporter destination area to prevent them from being telefragged?

Another idea was to have a JumpPad or multiples of disguised as a tractor beam of sorts. If there is another way anyone can think of I would be most interested. All I want is to avoid the misery of telefragging.

Any help or solutions would be most appreciated. :up:

bNoTelefrag=true?

Theres an option somewhere... that might be warpzone only though.

Comment

(dont laugh) telefrag?

Comment

Originally posted by coywolf333
        (dont laugh) telefrag?
        It's a right royal pain in the **** death

It happens when a player goes through a teleport but does not clear the destination before the next pawn/player teleports through, 2 into 1 destination does not go so equals death for the first player.

Hope that is clear for you. :up:

Comment

ah, i see. now, if u wanted to like push them off, u could make the destination kinda suspended in the air, so they fall down, out of the way. or are these teleporters meant to be two way? then u could do six like u said, with three being one way, and three going the other way.

Comment

ah, i see. now, if u wanted to like push them off, u could make the destination kinda suspended in the air, so they fall down, out of the way. or are these teleporters meant to be two way? then u could do six like u said, with three being one way, and three going the other way.
            You are missing the point. If a player teleports and remains on the destination point and another player follows through the teleporter the first player gets telefragged. I just wanted to avoid players suffering this fate on my map, guess I will play around to get a suitable solution.

Comment

exactly, wat u do is raise the destination about 200 units off the ground, so when they arive, they fall a short distance, but not enought to hurt them. then if another player goes through, he wont be touching the first one, until he falls to that point. but if for some reason both of those two are still there, then a third goes through, some one will get telefragged

Comment

slap a jumppad on the teleporter destination.

Dicky B (well, they wouldn't be standing there long, right?)

Comment

Or you could surround the destination with a velocity volume so new arrivals literally get blown out of the way. Or couldn't you just have a velocty volume blowing people the whole 8000 u from start to finish? Or a massively reverse-gravity volume?

And will UnEd let you set a teleporter 200u off the ground? I get error messages on rebuild if a tele is just...well, a little above the ground.

Comment

always works fine for me. yea, i get an error message too, but i think that its just to remind u that u have a tele suspended in air, it mihgt hurt them. tele still works tho

Comment

yea, i get an error message too, but i think that its just to remind u that u have a tele suspended in air, it mihgt hurt them. tele still works tho
                      Heh, I was too skert to try it. [Thanks 4 the tip!]

Comment

Working...
                      X