Lagging map :( how do i solve this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lagging map :( how do i solve this

i have made a map and now it has reached the point where the map begins to lag because its so large, is there anyway of solveing this

Do you have portals and ani-portals?
    anti-portals act like a wall and will make sure that everything behind this anti-portals is not rendered.
    Portals do the same thing but for an area, if you have a 'closed' ared with models etc in it and you cant see this portal then everything in the room closed by this portal isnt rendered.

There is a video tutorial from 3dbuzz that explains this. Its really easy check it out. If ou have the UT2004 Special edition then check disc 2. They contian all 3dbuzz VTM's

Comment

Add fog. Or do you already have some? Add an ZoneInfo and check bDistantFog to true and fiddle with it's settings...

Comment

Also, sometimes if you have Static Meshes that the player will never go anywhere near (in impossible-to-reach-locations) you can turn off collision for them, saving the CPU a few cycles.
        You won't get a huge boost from this, but it does help a little bit

Comment

Indoor or Outdoor or both?

Be sure to Zone all your Indoor areas, if the Map is all Indoor or has very large Indoor areas, Zone each room.

Comment

Working...
          X