• Show
Clear All

• replied
    ah, thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chris IX
    [B

Also there's a cosole command like triggerevent (that's not it: i tried it) followed by an event name (the tag of the mover if the mover is set to briggertoggle). You'll have to ask around though.

[/B]
    just found out. its not triggerevent, its causeevent, in case u wanted to know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    triggers: just a "trigger" under triggers
    make sure collisionradius under collision is at least half the size of the door, and that the mover is set to btriggercontrol under object

add a blocking volume. under blocking volume, set it to bclassblocker=true, and look for the weapons in there. Hopefully there be a zeroextenttraces and nonzeroextentraces somewhere, but otherwise you'll have to add a class for each type of weapons fire

edit: just tested it; I'm afraid you have to do it for every class of weapons fire. starting with "assaultrifle" and "grendade."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    make a screen :up:

edit: or is it called a sheet? oh well the thingy used to make spiderwebs is what im trying to talk about

Leave a comment:

• replied
    k, got the camera to work now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    k, i made a map to try out some of these things. i cant get the camera to work, but ill look into that. the non-solid wall worked fine, but i was wondering if u could set it up so it blocks only weapon fire, but not ppl, to help make it less cospicuous. and i cant get the autodoors to work either. what kind of trigger do u need?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol, nice, but, as is the problem I'm having, if you were to jump whilst the mover you're standing on is moving, you jump without the added velocity of the floor, so you jump and the floor runs away, and you hit the wall
    it's odd, because when you're on a lift, you get it's velocity if you jump, i.e. a lift jump

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fecal Marmaset
    So...
    You're creating an underground lair....and need a "control room" eh?!!

You want to be able to leave a situation, through a secret wall or passage. You need the cameras, so you can watch your friends run around like confused mice.........as you change their environment through a series of movers, triggered by you in the control room.

Am I close to guessing what you're doing?

thats mostly it, but yea, the changing the enviroment is a good idea.....

the idea of attaching movers together was so i could have a whole room move real fast so they go throuh door, door close, room moves, then they go back out and its different. can u say CONFUSION?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "how do u do doors that open when u get near it, but then close when u go thorugh. like at a grocery store"
    Two movers, set to btriggercontrol under object in properties, make a trigger at the door, make sure its collisionradius is big enough. Set the event under events in the trigger to the tag of both movers. For the movers, key 0 should be the closed frame. When the player touches the trigger, the doors open, when they leave, they close.

Also there's a cosole command like triggerevent (that's not it: i tried it) followed by an event name (the tag of the mover if the mover is set to briggertoggle). You'll have to ask around though.

Under ground lair eh?
    NICE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So...
    You're creating an underground lair....and need a "control room" eh?!!

You want to be able to leave a situation, through a secret wall or passage. You need the cameras, so you can watch your friends run around like confused mice.........as you change their environment through a series of movers, triggered by you in the control room.

Am I close to guessing what you're doing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    one more about doors. can u do something where if u type something into the console a door will open? my friend wants to do that. probably really hard to do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes, that did help a bunch

also, another question. how do u do doors that open when u get near it, but then close when u go thorugh. like at a grocery store

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by coywolf333
    thats under the brush properties right?
    :heart: (Add Special Brush) button on the left or you can just add the brush and right click on it in wireframe and in the menu you will have (type-nonsolid)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "anyway, how do u make it so a wall does NOT block ppl? like, u see it, but u can move through it. is there a way to do this?"
    In addition to what everyone else said, you could add a blocking volume to block certain things, like weapons fire (NonZeroExtentTraces and ZeroExtentTraces) which could be useful as bots can still see you through a sheet brush, unless you used a static mesh, maybe...

"is there a way to attach objects to a mover so they all move? as in, make a whole room move?"
    yes, provided the whole room is made of movers. Set them all to bSlave = true under mover in properties, then set their tag (under events, in properties) to the same as the master mover's tag bSlave = false). Master can be whichever mover you like.

"how do u make a mover randomly choose which location to move to?"
    you can't, at least not without being extremely complicated. I don't know how. (Ever tried DM-CPB2-Reconstruct? that has a pretty cool mover effect). Movers work in a sequence, and can't, asfar as I know, skip frames.

"is there a way to also push a button and that chooses which location to move a mover to? "
    no, but you can use a use trigger to do things like change the direction of the sequence, start the sequence, reverse it, etc

hope that helped

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gargorias
    :heart: Non-Solid brush.
    thats under the brush properties right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X