No announcement yet.

walls u can go through?(and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one more about doors. can u do something where if u type something into the console a door will open? my friend wants to do that. probably really hard to do

Comment

So...
      You're creating an underground lair....and need a "control room" eh?!!

You want to be able to leave a situation, through a secret wall or passage. You need the cameras, so you can watch your friends run around like confused mice.........as you change their environment through a series of movers, triggered by you in the control room.

Am I close to guessing what you're doing?

Comment

"how do u do doors that open when u get near it, but then close when u go thorugh. like at a grocery store"
        Two movers, set to btriggercontrol under object in properties, make a trigger at the door, make sure its collisionradius is big enough. Set the event under events in the trigger to the tag of both movers. For the movers, key 0 should be the closed frame. When the player touches the trigger, the doors open, when they leave, they close.

Also there's a cosole command like triggerevent (that's not it: i tried it) followed by an event name (the tag of the mover if the mover is set to briggertoggle). You'll have to ask around though.

Under ground lair eh?
        NICE

Comment

Originally posted by Fecal Marmaset
          So...
          You're creating an underground lair....and need a "control room" eh?!!

You want to be able to leave a situation, through a secret wall or passage. You need the cameras, so you can watch your friends run around like confused mice.........as you change their environment through a series of movers, triggered by you in the control room.

Am I close to guessing what you're doing?

thats mostly it, but yea, the changing the enviroment is a good idea.....

the idea of attaching movers together was so i could have a whole room move real fast so they go throuh door, door close, room moves, then they go back out and its different. can u say CONFUSION?!?!?

Comment

lol, nice, but, as is the problem I'm having, if you were to jump whilst the mover you're standing on is moving, you jump without the added velocity of the floor, so you jump and the floor runs away, and you hit the wall
            it's odd, because when you're on a lift, you get it's velocity if you jump, i.e. a lift jump

Comment

k, i made a map to try out some of these things. i cant get the camera to work, but ill look into that. the non-solid wall worked fine, but i was wondering if u could set it up so it blocks only weapon fire, but not ppl, to help make it less cospicuous. and i cant get the autodoors to work either. what kind of trigger do u need?

Comment

k, got the camera to work now

Comment

make a screen :up:

edit: or is it called a sheet? oh well the thingy used to make spiderwebs is what im trying to talk about

Comment

triggers: just a "trigger" under triggers
                    make sure collisionradius under collision is at least half the size of the door, and that the mover is set to btriggercontrol under object

add a blocking volume. under blocking volume, set it to bclassblocker=true, and look for the weapons in there. Hopefully there be a zeroextenttraces and nonzeroextentraces somewhere, but otherwise you'll have to add a class for each type of weapons fire

edit: just tested it; I'm afraid you have to do it for every class of weapons fire. starting with "assaultrifle" and "grendade."

Comment

Originally posted by Chris IX
                      [B

Also there's a cosole command like triggerevent (that's not it: i tried it) followed by an event name (the tag of the mover if the mover is set to briggertoggle). You'll have to ask around though.

[/B]
                      just found out. its not triggerevent, its causeevent, in case u wanted to know

Comment

ah, thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X