walls u can go through?(and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walls u can go through?(and more)

making a new map that meant to confuse ppl and stuff. anyway, how do u make it so a wall does NOT block ppl? like, u see it, but u can move through it. is there a way to do this?

also, is there a way to attach objects to a mover so they all move? as in, make a whole room move?

and also(lol, so many questions) how do u make a mover randomly choose which location to move to?

and also(last one, i promise. for now) is there a way to also push a button and that chooses which location to move a mover to?

sry, one last one, i swear, how do u make things, like security cameras, so u can go up to it and see down hall ways and stuff.

sry for all the questions. any help appreciated.

can you show me a pic of what wall you want to walk through?
    then i can help you

Comment

well, it doesnt matter does it? its just gonna be like a small section of a wall about, i dunno, big enough for u to crawl through

Comment

it is supposed to conect to another room isnt it?
        or something like this

Comment

Originally posted by coywolf333
          how do u make things, like security cameras, so u can go up to it and see down hall ways and stuff.
          CameraTextureClient setup with an InterpolationPoint and destination texture.

Comment

for the walk though wall thing you can just add a sheet to the part you want to walk though

Comment

dont you have to go in the surface properties and unmark the `two sided` option?

Comment

easiest way to make weird walls is

a staticmesh wall without collision!

and for the security camera, there
                is a nice tutorial at angelmapper's site: http://angelmapper.com/tutorials/securitycamera.htm

Comment

for the walls, i was thinking there might have been a way to just have a texture with no surface of anything, cause ive done it accidentally before.

Comment

:heart: Non-Solid brush.

Comment

I've never tried it, but check DM-Curse4, at the end of the top plank--it's done there.

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias
                        :heart: Non-Solid brush.
                        thats under the brush properties right?

Comment

"anyway, how do u make it so a wall does NOT block ppl? like, u see it, but u can move through it. is there a way to do this?"
                          In addition to what everyone else said, you could add a blocking volume to block certain things, like weapons fire (NonZeroExtentTraces and ZeroExtentTraces) which could be useful as bots can still see you through a sheet brush, unless you used a static mesh, maybe...

"is there a way to attach objects to a mover so they all move? as in, make a whole room move?"
                          yes, provided the whole room is made of movers. Set them all to bSlave = true under mover in properties, then set their tag (under events, in properties) to the same as the master mover's tag bSlave = false). Master can be whichever mover you like.

"how do u make a mover randomly choose which location to move to?"
                          you can't, at least not without being extremely complicated. I don't know how. (Ever tried DM-CPB2-Reconstruct? that has a pretty cool mover effect). Movers work in a sequence, and can't, asfar as I know, skip frames.

"is there a way to also push a button and that chooses which location to move a mover to? "
                          no, but you can use a use trigger to do things like change the direction of the sequence, start the sequence, reverse it, etc

hope that helped

Comment

Originally posted by coywolf333
                            thats under the brush properties right?
                            :heart: (Add Special Brush) button on the left or you can just add the brush and right click on it in wireframe and in the menu you will have (type-nonsolid)

Comment

yes, that did help a bunch

also, another question. how do u do doors that open when u get near it, but then close when u go thorugh. like at a grocery store

Comment

Working...
                              X