Terrain Visibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain Visibility

Everytime I try to use this tool it crashes UnrealEd within 15 seconds of switching to it. Does this tool need something special set to be used properly? I'm getting so frustrated that I'm considering finding out if a static mesh terrain will work.

Re: Terrain Visibility

Originally posted by kablam
    Everytime I try to use this tool it crashes UnrealEd within 15 seconds of switching to it. Does this tool need something special set to be used properly? I'm getting so frustrated that I'm considering finding out if a static mesh terrain will work.
    ffs, has epic still not fixed this? It's a bug and a nasty one which used to annoy me loads. Here is a work around: Make the space your terrain is in huge - really huge - and it should help because it seems to be connected with terrain overlapping with solid space. Well it works for me :up:

Comment

it shouldn't crash when you use it....so maybe there is something wrong with your UnrealED, try to reinstall it

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
        it shouldn't crash when you use it....so maybe there is something wrong with your UnrealED, try to reinstall it
        sorry dude but that's a rubbish suggestion. As I just said it's a bug!

Comment

Re: Re: Terrain Visibility

Originally posted by ennio
          Here is a work around: Make the space your terrain is in huge - really huge - and it should help because it seems to be connected with terrain overlapping with solid space.
          I was skeptical but I tried that and it work with some success!

It still crashed when I moved the camera around corners of the terrain but otherwise it was much more stable. Thanks! :heart:

Reinstalling did nothing. I did a clean install with the ECE bonus pack earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by ennio
            sorry dude but that's a rubbish suggestion. As I just said it's a bug!
            :haha: How come I don't ever have that so called BUG then?
            I have no trouble creating terrrains, any size, anywhere!!
            The visibility tool works fine for me!

Comment

I don't have trouble creating terrain anywhere either. The problem was removing terrain with the visibility tool around bsp. Enlarging it so the affected area wasn't near bsp, editing, then shrinking it back to normal worked like he suggested. Definetly some kind of bug.

Comment

Working...
              X