X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: dont use bmp's the file size is too big

Originally posted by -Loric-
    That would quadruple it since you doubled both vertical and horizontal resolutions.
    i failed math cos the teacher didnt like me hitting on her son

Leave a comment:

• replied
    another thing is to type setres 512x256 into the console because if you change a 1024x768 picture to 512x256 it'll look a little messed up...this way it'll set the res to 512x256 and you can just import the screenshots directly without needing to open them in a paint program...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: dont use bmp's the file size is too big

Originally posted by DOOMHAT
    any resolution which is a power of 2 is fine actually. some official maps are 1024x512's. higher res's just make the preview a little clearer (not noticeable-or worth it for doubling the file size
    That would quadruple it since you doubled both vertical and horizontal resolutions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: dont use bmp's the file size is too big

Originally posted by [WTF]_Karma
    256 x 512 is the resolution you must use
    any resolution which is a power of 2 is fine actually. some official maps are 1024x512's. higher res's just make the preview a little clearer (not noticeable-or worth it for doubling the file size

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: dont use bmp's the file size is too big

Originally posted by [WTF]_Karma
    if you have adobe photoshop export in DDS format you can download the plug-in online.
    http://developer.nvidia.com/object/n...ure_tools.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dont use bmp's the file size is too big

if you have adobe photoshop export in DDS format you can download the plug-in online.

256 x 512 is the resolution you must use

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are they 24-bit BMPs at 256x512 resolution?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Can't import screens!?

Can't import screens!?

I've read a number of tutorials and a lot of people have told me to search and I have, and I just can't get it to work. Please someone I'd liek to make a preview for my map but I just can't import and images.
Working...
X