Can't import screens!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't import screens!?

I've read a number of tutorials and a lot of people have told me to search and I have, and I just can't get it to work. Please someone I'd liek to make a preview for my map but I just can't import and images.

Are they 24-bit BMPs at 256x512 resolution?

Comment

dont use bmp's the file size is too big

if you have adobe photoshop export in DDS format you can download the plug-in online.

256 x 512 is the resolution you must use

Comment

Re: dont use bmp's the file size is too big

Originally posted by [WTF]_Karma
        if you have adobe photoshop export in DDS format you can download the plug-in online.
        http://developer.nvidia.com/object/n...ure_tools.html

Comment

Re: dont use bmp's the file size is too big

Originally posted by [WTF]_Karma
          256 x 512 is the resolution you must use
          any resolution which is a power of 2 is fine actually. some official maps are 1024x512's. higher res's just make the preview a little clearer (not noticeable-or worth it for doubling the file size

Comment

Re: Re: dont use bmp's the file size is too big

Originally posted by DOOMHAT
            any resolution which is a power of 2 is fine actually. some official maps are 1024x512's. higher res's just make the preview a little clearer (not noticeable-or worth it for doubling the file size
            That would quadruple it since you doubled both vertical and horizontal resolutions.

Comment

another thing is to type setres 512x256 into the console because if you change a 1024x768 picture to 512x256 it'll look a little messed up...this way it'll set the res to 512x256 and you can just import the screenshots directly without needing to open them in a paint program...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: dont use bmp's the file size is too big

Originally posted by -Loric-
                That would quadruple it since you doubled both vertical and horizontal resolutions.
                i failed math cos the teacher didnt like me hitting on her son

Comment

Working...
                X