• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emitters

I have a beam of light
    how do I control where the beam goes?
    I can move the emitter
    but the beam goes to one spot in the map

Change velocity settings in the emitter properties.

Comment

Change velocity settings in the emitter properties
      Uh, no

In the beam heading, you'll see options for BeamEndPoints. Hit Add next to this and it'll create a new endpoint. Place a light (you can use any actor, but a light is generally good as it gives off... uh, light funnily enough, which can give the illusion of the beam creating light where it hits) where you want the beam to end, and give the light a unique tag (beamend01 for example). Put the tag of the light in the beamendpoint ActorTag slot. You'll have to change the DetermineBeamEndPointBy to PTEP_Actor as well. Should work now

You can set up multiple endpoints and give them different weights to have the beam hit multiple targets as well. Check out the UDN article on beam emitters for more detailed info:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/BeamEmitter

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaber
        Uh, no

In the beam heading, you'll see options for BeamEndPoints. Hit Add next to this and it'll create a new endpoint. Place a light (you can use any actor, but a light is generally good as it gives off... uh, light funnily enough, which can give the illusion of the beam creating light where it hits) where you want the beam to end, and give the light a unique tag (beamend01 for example). Put the tag of the light in the beamendpoint ActorTag slot. You'll have to change the DetermineBeamEndPointBy to PTEP_Actor as well. Should work now

You can set up multiple endpoints and give them different weights to have the beam hit multiple targets as well. Check out the UDN article on beam emitters for more detailed info:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/BeamEmitter
        Well that is news to me. Doesn't surprise me though, I'm a newb with emitters... I shouldn't be answering questions about them lol.

Comment

it's all good, you tried to help me and I appreciate it we both learned something new, thanks a lot guys =]

Comment

Working...
          X