Single ion beam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single ion beam?

In ONS-ArcticStronghold (I believe), when an Ion Painter is used it only fires with one single beam.

Seeing as how the Pheonix mysteriously refuses to work in my map, and the Ion Cannon has been removed, I have to settle with three converging beams. Obviously though, it appears that you can force it to fire only one beam.

Any ideas?

The map actually has a ION Sattelite, I think the three beam effect is only used when and ION Sattelite has not been found...

Comment

Ion Satellites don't work in UT2004. Apparently cos too many people couldn't make the connection between Painter and Cannon and kept leaving the satellites out of maps. So now we get the ****ty three-beams efftect to allow for their ignorance.

On a side note, if anyone has any ideas why the ONSPainter (Pheonix Bomber) will not call in a plane, please lemme know. The map's subtraction area is huge (81920 x 81920 x 73728), the StallZ is at 90,000 and the pickup base is a NewWeaponBase set to Class 'OnslaughtFull.ONSPainter'

Cheers

Comment

Bomber problem solved. Turns out the blocking volume I put at the roof of my level to stop people flying out was set to block actors and karma as well as non zero extent traces. So now the only thing it blocks is living players, and voila.. bomber works.

I'm still curious about the single-beam thing though.

Comment

Your single shot ION blst must have been a fluke, cause I just tried several maps (some that had IONCannon's some that did not) and they were all triple shot out of the blue effects...

Comment

How bizarre.... I should have taken a screen shot!

Comment

Perhaps you were at an angle where you thought you only saw one beam.

Comment

Working...
              X