Problem with bsp created movers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with bsp created movers

I'm trying to make a mover as part of a floor, and it has a darker texture. I add the brush, convert it to a mesh, save it in mylevel, then delete the bursh and add the mover, and when i build all, the mover is pitch black. The floor right next to it is perfectly fine and the room is well lit, its only the mover that seems to have this problem. I have experienced this several times and mostly i have been able to fix it with lighting, but not this time apparently. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I will have to check on this tomorrow.

It may be a problem with vertex lighting. None of the vertexes of the mover get light so it is pitch black. Try to move it out of the floor for a few units and rebuild.

If it renders ok you need to make a mesh with more polygons to use it inside the floor. Or your can use it 'unlit' what looks ugly. Or use a texture that is partly selfilluminated or finally you can use the scale glow property in the mesh actor to make it brighter.

Comment

sorry for taking so long to reply, thanks a lot for clearing it up for me.

Comment

Check your mover properties->display.

I don't really know the exact name but AFAIK it's "StaticLighting" . Set it to true (or false if it's set to true). Am at work so I cannot check it here.

This solved the prablem I had. You can also play around with the "Ambientglow" setting. This will make the mesh/mover brighter.

Mier

Comment

Working...
        X