This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release teh tutorial!

Seriously, these tutorials are excellent. I have a fully functionaing map based on the one in the tutorial and we had a few people playing on it last night and they liked it! It was great fun making the map and I am hooked now. Keep em coming Noctivagus.

MegaDaisy

Comment

Noctivagus.I have a question, will the terrain tutorail cover creating holes in terrain for caves etc? This would be really handy.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks again.

Comment

Noctivagus,

I gave the tutorials a quick look and was really impressed with what I saw there. I plan on going through them step by step and seeing how much I can retain of it. I'm hoping that I can slowly learn the mapping system and create some levels of a decent caliber down the road. For now though, the basics...

From the look of your tutorials, you're logically stepping your way through the system. I hope you keep it up and take it all the way through with bot pathing, emitters and everything else that you're aware of.

I can't imagine how much work it is to pull all this info together. I hope you're learning as you teach and enjoying the help that you're bringing to the community.

All the best to you,

Comment

Originally posted by Zubkavich
          Noctivagus,

I gave the tutorials a quick look and was really impressed with what I saw there. I plan on going through them step by step and seeing how much I can retain of it. I'm hoping that I can slowly learn the mapping system and create some levels of a decent caliber down the road. For now though, the basics...

From the look of your tutorials, you're logically stepping your wy through the system. I hope you keep it up and take it all the way through with bot pathing, emitters and everything else that you're aware of.

I can't imagine how much work it is to pull all this info together. I hope you're learning as you teach and enjoying the help that you're bringing to the community.

All the best to you,

B]Yeah! Now where is it!!?[/B]
          Sorry..... couldnt resist.

Comment

Could this be made a sticky?

Comment

In regards to a previous post in here on the 4th page:

I have a small Teleporter Tutorial that i made myself.

Its actually just a map (2 rooms to teleport in and out of), but its fairly straight-forward and would be easy to document in tutorial form.

if anyone needs to learn how to set up a teleporter, i will post how to do it when i get home.

Comment

Teleports!? Go for it my boy.
                Knowledge is power. Bring power to the people!

Comment

Excellent stuff! I got creative with this tutorial and sat engrossed for a couple of hours. I couldn't wait to see how to put the weapons on though, so I farted around with this until I could put a weaponbase on.

Only problem was, this caused the bug where UED crashes unless you upgrade...and it trashed my beautiful map lol Not really a beautiful map as you can imagine So I downloaded the fix and I'm ready to start all over, maybe just follow your tutorial AGAIN to pick up what I missed.

Keep up the good work, I'm VERY interested in map making and this is really teaching me how.

I'm also very interested in making moving lifts, fancy lights (haven't read your new one yet maybe that is already there), waterfalls and/or lavapits, skyboxes, etc....

Thanks very much again
                  :up:

Comment

To Wolv34ine:

i have most of the Teleporter tutorial done right now.
                    i just gotta go pull up the right property names.
                    since i don't remember them off hand, ill have to look them up in my map at home hehe.

when i get home, i will finish it up and post it around 7pm CST.

Comment

when is part 6 coming? i finished the first ones already and now im adding stupid stuff like secret redeemer rooms, nice static meshes, extra lights, and a bunch of ****.

i want terrain tutorial.

Comment

tuts and Maya

Great tuts, thx for taking the time.

Anyone using Maya and the UT exporter. Everything is fine except that i can not find my static mesh in UT as it should be.

Any clues???.

Comment

I just finished the lights/weapons tutorial engrossed again for a few hours in figuring this mapmaking out.

Who would have thought to make a "brown" light lol.

Thanks again. Great stuff.

*bump*

Comment

MANN !! You took a Total Newbie. ( like i never, ever opened up an editor before ) and i have Completed the First Tutorial With a Breeze.... all in 1/2 day time... with your help i Have done a supurb job in lining up The textures , lights, meshes, etc .

i had NO intrest ( before ) in mapmaking , But Now im pretty confident that i could acomplish a Well made map..

Thank You for the INVALUABLE Training lessson . i will be waiting for the terrain Part as well

Comment

I agree, one of the admins needs to make this a sticky - or make a new post with the links in it a sticky... Great tutorial man, helped on some parts I didn't quite understand and for that I am most greatful!

Comment

Thx

please, any1 know some link to:

"how the bots Ai do the right thing in the BombingRun mapas, tips, etc... "

thx in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X