Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can they sticky this already? this tut rocks, as coming from only quake3arena mapping experience, i jumped right in and made my first level with this tut. MODS, Sticky this NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by jer0
      Can they sticky this already? this tut rocks, as coming from only quake3arena mapping experience, i jumped right in and made my first level with this tut. MODS, Sticky this NOW.
      I second that opinion. Sticky please.

Comment

One again, thankyou for what must be a mammoth effort feeding all of our creative urges.
        I have a request, now I know everyone does but hear me out.
        I dont know if a terrain tutorial is coming soon but I need one. badly.
        I have an original (prettly sure about this ) idea for a map.
        However I need a concise and well written terrain tutorial.Sure there are tutorails and they seem to work for some but I am geting nowhere quick, and I dont think im alone.
        I know you must be bombarded with requests but I have mapped before, admittedly not on the Unreal editor and I am grasping a lot of the teqniques pretty quick.But terrains is still an uphill stuggle (pun intended).
        If no. Then fair enough I am just happy that this clear and informative selection of tutorials is making its way to us people with a desire to create .
        Scratch that, just read that you are doing one. halleluja
        Colour, texture and light me happy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gord
          hey guys try http://www.birrabrothers.com/drac/dmain.asp?dbp=18

its got EVERYTHING.......but im bored of map editing i want to edit some models.........how
          Check your UT2K3 DISK3, there you can find MAYA. When you install it you'll automaticaly get the Tuto.

Comment

Ahhh...can't wait for part 5!

y d'U need so long

its the greatest tutorial ive everseen...
            evreything was clear and ive got no questions, yet... finish part V FAST!!!

Comment

Goo job Noctavius, keep up the good work man! :up:

Comment

Corpsewalker. Go back to the first page. Noc, has changed the links for the tutorial, and the links are in noc's first posting.

Comment

****...im waiting n waiting n wating...
                  how long is part V out allready???

well...now cant wait for Part VI!!!

can you make also an tutorial about jumpads, lifts and other movers??

Comment

I think we should just trust Noctivagus (he who flies by night).
                    I asked prematurely for a terrain tutorial, and hes doing it next, I feel sure he is going to adress the issues everyone is interested in in time.
                    Trust in him.

Comment

very very good tutorial, nice and clear, especially for us Editor n00bs thanks alot man, keep em coming...

Comment

Best tut i have seen done upto part 4 gonna have a look at part 5 now, Noctivagus way you discribe everything makes them a joy to use one little request, I have made an br level using the tut as a ref but now stuck on how to get the ball and goals to work if you could put this in your one of you next parts this would be of great help.

Comment

Part V all done an dusted, hurry up an make part VI Im just kidding.
                          Very nice job Noc, i really enjoyed part V, its all coming back to me now.
                          One question for you though.

When you say in your tute (and this is a 'for instance') "when the player moves SHE will see" etc etc
                          How come you use the she word and not HE, not sexist or anything, its just unusual terminolgy in this male dominated world in which we all live, ie gaming/mapping.
                          Are you female perchance? Anyway, not important, its just a word but it did set me wondering.

Thx again Noc, really greatfull.

Axel

Comment

Hi. :up: :up: :up:
                            Thanx again Noctivagus for the tutorials. I've only just got part V because i was updating the old page instead of looking here.

At last i can finish my two levels. Please can you enlighten me on how to create Skybox's and Lava/water .

I know you still have alot to cover mate and real life gets in the way. Keep up the good work, i can't wait for Part VI.

:up: Oh.... I like the idea of Epic including this Tut in a Patch. That would be cool. So Epic if your listening. Headsup :up:

Comment

Wow, Nice!

I consider myself a reasonably experienced mapper with the old editor, but I learned a lot from this tutorial. I doint care for thea way this editor is laid out in places, but your tutorials have helped to ease the transition. I think I might come out of mappiing retirement after all!

Comment

DOC PDF

Chapter 5 has been converted to Word2000 and PDF formats. The update has also been added to the complete tut documents, again in Word2000 and PDF formats.

Comment

Working...
                                X